Everquest 2 color question

xinside

OSNN Junior Addict
is there any way to put this game in 16 bit color for it will run a little better?

I dont recommend running any modern games in 16bit. It will look horrible. Colors will have horrible banding and the performance gain will be nill. I say look for other optimizations. Perhaps drivers or something.

I dont care about looks. I just want to beable to play it without it chopping every 2 seconds with everything on the lowest detail.

if not is there anything else I can do to make some choppyness go away?

xinside said:
I dont care about looks. I just want to beable to play it without it chopping every 2 seconds with everything on the lowest detail.

if not is there anything else I can do to make some choppyness go away?
Buy at least the recommend graphics card? Also if your system is shy on RAM (less then 512MB) add more. Those 2 things can completely change gameplay.

I dont have the money right now.. im just trying to ask if theres anything I can do to tweak it to make it run better?

What are your system specs?

All you can really do is make sure you have installed the latest drivers for your card (correctly). You can also shut down any background services that are not needed, and shut off any applications you are not using.

(ie. Turn off the themes service in XP to help speed up the system)

You may also try going to start/run and typing msconfig. Head over to the startup tab, and take off any programs that you don't want running at start up (that will take effect after you restart)

Be sure to defrag your system as well.

my specs arent that good at all..

1.3 amd athlon
320mb sdram
5200FX geforce

my specs sucks but I can run city of heroes high detail with no choppiness so I figured I can do something to run everquest2 at the lowest detail on everything.
I do everything what you guys are saying. I have the recent BETA drivers for nvidia cause the official release doesnt run the game period. I get a BSOD. I dont have ANYTHING running in the background. only system apps that need to run. I even CTRL ALT DEL explorer heh. oh well. give me money for I can get a new comp! heh.

xinside, come-on man, your pc cannot run EQ2, it can barely run EQ1, get a job, save some money and buy what you need. No kind of tweaking is gonna help unless there are nipples involved and then this could help pass the time.

one thing i noticed, the 5200 is a 64bit card (correct me if i'm wrong anyone), and i know for a fact EQ2 needs a 128bit card to run at min, soooo......

Yeah, you're just gonna have to purchase some new parts. Sorry man... there's no saving this one. :)

Actually his comp meets all the minimums except the RAM. ;)
2.1 What are the Minimum Requirements to play the game?
-Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
-Processor: 1GHz or greater
-RAM: 512 MB
-Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible. Pixel shader and vertex shader compatible hardware with 64 MB of texture memory
-Sound Card: DirectSound compatible audio hardware

but xie what the config doesn't tell you is that the v/card needs to be 128bit

lancer said:
but xie what the config doesn't tell you is that the v/card needs to be 128bit
Well according to nVidia the FX5200 has a 128bit interface. :p linky

According to his problem.. sounds like he has a case of thrashing.. which would be a direct result of insufficient memory.... I say upgrade to ATLEAST 512 but more like 768 or a gig if you can.

Aprox said:
According to his problem.. sounds like he has a case of thrashing.. which would be a direct result of insufficient memory.... I say upgrade to ATLEAST 512 but more like 768 or a gig if you can.
What I said from the start. Thanks for the backup hehe. :rolleyes:

Hehe.. sorry I didnt see your post. Yeah, as he stated earlier... "mo memoy"..... yeah. :)

hmm the 5200 is 128bit, oh ok, well i guess its just a case of memory then.

actually my card is 128 the game runs so your wrong about it not running. just skips after i play it for a long time. i was asking if theres anything i can do to it to make it take up less mem.

<removed>

xinside said:
actually my card is 128 the game runs so your wrong about it not running. just skips after i play it for a long time. i was asking if theres anything i can do to it to make it take up less mem.
Other then getting more RAM have you tried perhaps playing at a lower resolution or something. I think thats one of your only ways your going to get the game to run anywhere near smooth w/out more RAM. Games are RAM eating monsters. ;)

Oh and you don't have to lash out @ lancer .. he thought he was right. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back