Event Properties: DCOM got error

lrgarza2000

OSNN Newbie
Help!!

My system freezes when burning a cd or doing a virus scan. I checked the system event log and got the following error:

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service MDM with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064}

What is MDM? And why is it crashing me system?

mdm.exe is the machine debug manager from Microsoft. It is notorious for crashing and slowing down machines, as well as sucking CPU usage. You can safely disable this feature by doing the following:

Open up Internet Explorer
go to Tools Menu
Internet Options
Advanced Tab
Click to check Disable Script Debugging checkbox

Also, remove the instance from the registry. As always, backup the registry before proceeding:

Start Regedit, which is done by clicking start - run - type "regedit" without quotes.
Navigate and find the following key -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

In the right pane, delete the entry with mdm.exe

Reboot PC, should be all set. Post back with questions/problems.

Thanks,

I will try it. I really hope that it helps. I crash 2 to 3 times a day because of it.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back