Event IDs 1085 and 1202

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Although this is a domain environment, it's occuring on the desktop level so I assume this is the correct place to post.

A lot of our machines are receiving the following errors in Application Event Viewer
Event ID 1085 and Event ID 1202.

The 1085 errors look like this:

The Group Policy client-side extension security failed to execute. Please
look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

The 1202 errors look like this:

Security policies were propagated with warning.
0x4b8 : An extended error has occurred.
Please review the detailed log security\logs\winlogon.log under Windows root
to troubleshoot the application of security policy.

I am currently searching everything I can find on Google, was just wondering if anyone had come across this before.

Last edited:
Im not a system admin but maybe a local vs domain policy problem?

It is security related.

This was a new image that was deployed, the difference being the mini-setup wizard regarding sysprep. If you have a machine that adds a PC to a domain within the mini-setup wizard, it's fine. In this new, or different image, the mini-setup wizard is more automated and that option is not available in hopes to deal with a USB driver lockup problem.

I actually got this fixed, what I ended up doing was removing the security database and templates located at:

C:\WINDOWS\security\templates\compatws.inf
C:\WINDOWS\security\templates\hisecdc.inf
C:\WINDOWS\security\templates\hisecws.inf
C:\WINDOWS\security\templates\rootsec.inf
C:\WINDOWS\security\templates\securedc.inf
C:\WINDOWS\security\templates\securews.inf
C:\WINDOWS\security\templates\setup security.inf

C:\WINDOWS\security\Database\secedit.sdb

After those were removed, a "gpupdate /force" produced a 1704, woo :)

Only the secedit.sdb file gets re-created after the refresh, but I don't need the templates since I am not implementing local security. The point of this was for the DC to take care of it, and now it does :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back