Event Error

Q

Quezacotl

Hello all!

I have a problem... I found my boot up to be quite slow, normally the load bar doesn't reach the end before I'm on my way into XP, however now it is taking 5, 6, 7 time before I continue loading.

So I thought I'd check to see what I have starting up with XP... nothing ... which is good seeings how it's an almost fresh install

So I thought why not check the Event Viewer.... lol well ... I have about 40 or 50 errors, occuring within seconds of each other all with the same heading and text it says

source nv

GR SW Notify Error on 0001 d3d05601 00000099 00000248 01000140 00000002

well .. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this up?

Thanks a bunch!

- Quezacotl

go here and click 'search events'. its up at the top. enter in the stuff it asks you for and it will give you some info on the error message.

after you have fixed the error :D. go here and set the serivces to whatever he says.

next, while the services window is open. click 'startup type' untill 'manual' and 'disabled' are at the top of the list. now, click start >> run type 'msconfig' click the 'services' tab.

make sure that every service that is set to 'manual' or 'disabled' does not have a check mark in the box next to it.

this will speed up your boot.

Hey

Thanks for the reply!

My services are already set to how he has them :D I found that site before

But that other one eventid.net is new ... i hope to fix my problem THANKS!

- Quezacotl

hmmm

It didn't have my error :(

however google shed some light I ran into a discussion about this

http://www.winforums.org/viewthread.php?tid=425

they believe that it is aused by nVidia drivers, specifically video...

I'm gonna try to change my drivers, see what that produces ...

wish me luck

- Quezacotl

yup yup yup ...

nVidia drivers it was

I uninstalled my nForce mb drivers, then video, reinstalled respectively and sure enough not one nv error ...

handy site that eventid .... thanks !

- Quezacotl

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back