even sillier cable modem sharing question....

B

bleedink

heres an even sillier question but here it goes. id like to share a cable modem connection btw 2 computers...ez enuf...heres the catch...one is is relatively new the other isnt so new and doesnt have a network card...do i have any other options...the other comp does have a usb port...is there a way to share btw those? I have a cable modem that only supports ethernet b/c i have linerunner on there as well...im trying to get out of this on the cheap and dont wanna invest in a router unless ab neccessary...thanks!!!

im pretty sure that older computer would need a network card!!

(correct me if im wrong)

I would buy a network card for it myself, shoot they are less than 15 bucks. ;)

:cool:

got my nic at compusa 9.99dollars....how much cheaper u want?

bleedink....iceman38 is right!

i hope your not that cheap!! :) :(

There is a linksys router that has a usb port, now if its used for the internet i dont know.:cool:

but you would be better off using a network card, i would think.

network card would be the best way to go and the cheapest. but there is a ethernet to usb adapter for networking made by linksys. i have used it successfully in the past but its like 30 bucks i think.

you decide which is best for you

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back