Even Mario can't live forever

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
Joined
Feb 10, 2003
Messages
934
#1
The question of the ages: Why when Mario with his super human powers and mushroom eating abilities when he has the ability to create fire out of thin air and breathe? No, throw, it with his bare hands then harness the power of the stars to make him invincible to all, die when the time runs out, I mean really...a time limit?
 

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Joined
Mar 18, 2002
Messages
7,805
#3
When your time comes there is nothing that can stop death from finding and taking you away
 

Xie

- geek -
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
5,275
#4
Geffy said:
When your time comes there is nothing that can stop death from finding and taking you away
That game will live forever in my heart and the heart of any real gamer :)
 

ewokuk

OSNN Junior Addict
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
44
#5
Geffy said:
When your time comes there is nothing that can stop death from finding and taking you away
unless its Final Destination and then you can cheat death!
 

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Joined
Dec 27, 2001
Messages
7,626
#8
chaos945 said:
The question of the ages: Why when Mario with his super human powers and mushroom eating abilities when he has the ability to create fire out of thin air and breathe? No, throw, it with his bare hands then harness the power of the stars to make him invincible to all, die when the time runs out, I mean really...a time limit?
The question? Seems like more than one question to me. And did anyone else have to read that multiple times to make sense of it? :p

Anyhow, Mario can do what he wants to. I mean, how many other video game characters have a moustache?
 

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
Joined
Jan 6, 2002
Messages
5,518
#10
muzikool said:
The question? Seems like more than one question to me. And did anyone else have to read that multiple times to make sense of it? :p

Anyhow, Mario can do what he wants to. I mean, how many other video game characters have a moustache?
No, there was one question. But it had a lot of build up :)
 

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
Joined
Feb 10, 2003
Messages
934
#11
muzikool said:
The question? Seems like more than one question to me.
Well to put it plainly the question is: Why is Mario constrained by the bounds of time in spite of his superhuman plumbing abilities?

But the actual point of the post was to show how in fact, Mario does not have to fear time since he will live forever in the hands of gamers. Even if Nintendo ever went under Mario games would still be released, look at Sonic the Hedgehog.

:D
 

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
Joined
Jun 21, 2002
Messages
2,465
#14
gotta be the best thread ever...even though I have to say he has to live in our hearts because he's in his death bed right now
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
62,000
Messages
673,428
Members
89,025
Latest member
Haniew