Evanescence

Kr0m

OSNN Veteran Addict
Since I've been into this sort of Rock/Punk/Alt sound lately, I'd like to suggest this band to those of you who are into the same listening mode.

They've released a tune out now called Bring Me To Life. I heard it a couple times on the radio and it caught my attention pretty quick. After some investigative work, I found out it was this band.

Homepage is here: http://www.evanescence.com/

heared this band the first time when i saw daredevil and i really like their music. Bring me to life and my immortal are very cool

same here, heard them on the DD OST and went searchin for their music, i've got 2 albums and 2 EPs now, they really are awesome, a nice change from the usual stuff

I on the other hand cannot stomach evanescence.... their music is decent but the fact that they ripped off one of my favorite bands, lacuna coil, compelled me to drain all of my respect for the band. For everyones information evanescence is gothic metal.... If you really want to listen to good goth-metal music, try some Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Tristania, or maybe even some Saturnus...

Originally posted by Kr0m
Eh? Their site only shows 1 album.

i got 2 limited edition EP's (something like 100 were made) and their first album called origin, i can't remember where i got them from but i did NOT get them from eMule...

I went on to their site, and listened to a few of their songs. Quite nice :)

Originally posted by black-syth
I on the other hand cannot stomach evanescence.... their music is decent but the fact that they ripped off one of my favorite bands, lacuna coil, compelled me to drain all of my respect for the band. For everyones information evanescence is gothic metal.... If you really want to listen to good goth-metal music, try some Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Tristania, or maybe even some Saturnus...

I've heard of Nightwish. Can you recommend some of their more common or better tunes?

I've only heard the one song that is (over)played on the radio. (Los Angeles)

I find it to be a bit annoying, but I'm willing to look into them.
I heard the woman lead singer is very hot though. That's never a bad thing.

I've heard of Nightwish. Can you recommend some of their more common or better tunes?

I can, they are one of my favourite bands.

" Slaying the Dreamer "
" Deep Silent Complete "

:) Try these.

id like to say, almost everything off of their album wishmaster, but ill go in depth. Id reccomend "wishmaster, dead boys poem" as starter songs... if you like them, ill reccomend more...

I go to sleep almost every night listening to avril and evanscence I call it my dream mix :p MUDVAYNE still rules all tho :D

I don't have any real problems with the band other than their video making skills lack. I do not like the video for "Bring me to Life" There is a part in the video where she is about to fall and the singer from 12 Stones has her by the arm. The scene is too long and is such poor acting. I can't help but sit there and go "FALL ALREADY!!!!" I have not heard anything else from them other than the over-played one on the radio.

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
I don't have any real problems with the band other than their video making skills lack. I do not like the video for "Bring me to Life" There is a part in the video where she is about to fall and the singer from 12 Stones has her by the arm. The scene is too long and is such poor acting. I can't help but sit there and go "FALL ALREADY!!!!" I have not heard anything else from them other than the over-played one on the radio.

thats exactly why I don't listen to the radio, if I am gonna get tired of listening to something its gonna be because I made myself tired of it not have it force fed to me by some disc jocky.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back