Eurotic XP-erience

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Just got back from Belgium today, when I flew over last sunday they were using Belgian francs, two days later they are using euros, very freaky.

First thing I bought with europes new currency on the 1st January 2002, yes boys and girls, 20 marlboro lights.
Only cost like 3 euros 20 cents (about £2!!!)

No offence intended at all to American forum participants but ....

why the hell did the name the small change part of the Euro have to be cents!!?! I thought it was a European currency!?!

:confused:

;)

Funnily enough 1 euro cent is about the same value as an american cent.

I didn't get my hands on a 500 Euro note tho :D

What could they have called it?
I noticed I have euro coins in my pocket (1-2-20cents-5cents)
that weerw printed 3 years ago!

Long Live The US Dollar $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:D

JJB6486

I can understand the cents...

But whys it called a "EURO:??? :confused:

Please, don't be so self-centered ! American people aren't the best, nor are europeans...

I WANT LOADS OF...

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

:)

i don't care whatever.. just give me :)

MdSalih - off to the bank to see what surprise awaits him :D

Now now people, calm down...
I accept any currency ;)

Originally posted by noah472
why the hell did the name the small change part of the Euro have to be cents!!?! I thought it was a European currency!?!
Uhhh, perhaps because "cent" is 100? In French it's centime, if I remember right, and I'm not a linguistics major, but I can only assume it goes back to Latin at some point. So leave us yanks alone!
/L.A

You're right Lactic.Acid !

Cent is for Centime, for 1/100e, for 100.
You're good in French (latin origin).
But what seems strange to me is why Cent ? Because not all of European languages are not of latin origin, so I think... that's the good question...

Think the romans had control of most of europe so it is only fair :D

Seem to remember it was the "brits" who kicked there asses with our chariots tho ;)

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Think the romans had control of most of europe so it is only fair :D

Seem to remember it was the "brits" who kicked there asses with our chariots tho ;)

yeah, running through dustclouds and barren waste... brits ran through their asses ;)

I just figured out that this thread is very perverted!! How you ask? Well let's just take out that "U" in the title :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back