European PS3 Launch Date (News)

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
See here

Looks like the Playstation 3 is going on sale for £425 or €599 on the 23rd March. I think that £425 is too high though, £399 sounds a lot better and for the sake of £25 they could be overpricing themselves here.

Interestingly, the article also says that Sony have shipped 1 million PS3s in Japan and 1 million in the USA too. I didn't think they'd sold that many - it's 1/3 more than the Wii has sold so far.

See here

Looks like the Playstation 3 is going on sale for £425 or €599 on the 23rd March. I think that £425 is too high though, £399 sounds a lot better and for the sake of £25 they could be overpricing themselves here.

Interestingly, the article also says that Sony have shipped 1 million PS3s in Japan and 1 million in the USA too. I didn't think they'd sold that many - it's 1/3 more than the Wii has sold so far.
Nawh, i know the ps3 has sold less than the wii, all the stores have ps3s now though.

If they had been able to launch on time back in dec 2005, they might have caught up with the number of xbox360 sold.

I was actually shocked when I read the news last summer that they didn't even started building the console.

Yeah, I think Sony have really blown this one. They have been over-confident of their own success and they underestimated Microsoft. Unless Blu-Ray really takes off, it will be the achilles heal that brings down the PS3.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back