• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

European PS3 Launch Date (News)

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
See here

Looks like the Playstation 3 is going on sale for £425 or €599 on the 23rd March. I think that £425 is too high though, £399 sounds a lot better and for the sake of £25 they could be overpricing themselves here.

Interestingly, the article also says that Sony have shipped 1 million PS3s in Japan and 1 million in the USA too. I didn't think they'd sold that many - it's 1/3 more than the Wii has sold so far.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
See here

Looks like the Playstation 3 is going on sale for £425 or €599 on the 23rd March. I think that £425 is too high though, £399 sounds a lot better and for the sake of £25 they could be overpricing themselves here.

Interestingly, the article also says that Sony have shipped 1 million PS3s in Japan and 1 million in the USA too. I didn't think they'd sold that many - it's 1/3 more than the Wii has sold so far.
Nawh, i know the ps3 has sold less than the wii, all the stores have ps3s now though.

ming

OSNN Advanced
If they had been able to launch on time back in dec 2005, they might have caught up with the number of xbox360 sold.

I was actually shocked when I read the news last summer that they didn't even started building the console.

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Yeah, I think Sony have really blown this one. They have been over-confident of their own success and they underestimated Microsoft. Unless Blu-Ray really takes off, it will be the achilles heal that brings down the PS3.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies