Eudora 6 Beta 20

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
www.eudora.com/betas/

What's New in Eudora 6.0

Spam-Fighting Tools. (Windows and Macintosh) A whole suite of ready-to-use tools to stamp out unwanted junk mail. Right out of the box, most junk mail will be quarantined by SpamWatch, whose database can be trained by the user. Furthermore, Eudora's junk mail system is open to third party developers, so that other anti-spam tools, including those running at your site or ISP, can be simply and smoothly integrated. And, in true Eudora tradition, you can tweak and tune the system to your liking.

Important update: Effective with Beta version 20 for Windows (version 31 for Macintosh), SpamWatch will no longer function in Sponsored or Light modes. SpamWatch functionality will only be available to Paid mode users. Reverting to previous Beta versions will not be available once new Betas have been installed. Anticipated commercial release date of Eudora 6.0 is the first week in September.

Content Concentrator. (Windows and Macintosh) Junk mail is only half the story when it comes to wasting your time. You know how hard it can be to unravel a long email thread, or to find what the sender actually SAID in the midst of all the quoting, signatures, and other junk that's inside the mail you do read. The Content Concentrator will help, by giving you a streamlined view of your email. Easily get to the meat of your email, and see whole threads at a glance.

SMTP Relay Personality. (Windows and Macintosh) Many ISPs now insist that you send mail only through their SMTP server, even if you have accounts at other places. Eudora now makes this easy to do.

*new* Format Painter. (Windows only) Easily copy fonts & styles from one place to another in your mail.

*new* Contextual Filing. (Windows and Macintosh) Simply by selecting a key word within a message, Eudora will allow you the ability to transfer an entire message into a mailbox that contains that keyword within its name.

Mailboxes Drawer. (Macintosh only) Macintosh OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) users now have a convenient way to access their list of mailboxes from any mailbox window.

*new* New Look. (Windows and Macintosh) Eudora has a new set of icons, so it'll look right at home on Windows XP or Mac OSX systems. Ability to revert back to old icons will be available by the time of the commercial release.

NO thank you - Eudora Sux for me .. I have never had a good experiance with it , it has always either crashed itself or my system, also you can't read Html emails with it ...

It's pretty good, nothing special IMO. Mozilla Mail > it.

been using eudora for over 6 years, now, never had any major problems. does all it needs to do, handles multiple accounts, shows html emails, good spam filters (now)... and is free, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back