Eudora 6 and pictures

D

DJC

My laptop a P4 2.4GHz CPU, 512MB memory, 40GB and 120GB hard drives and MS Windows XP Home.

I also have McAfee antivirus software.

When I down load emails into Eudora 6 I get lots of empty windows with little red crosses in place of pictures etc.

I have tried to get rid of them using the help given by Eudora but to no avail.

Any ides?

Does anyone here actually still use Eudora? I'm kinda curious as to how Eudora 6 as changed from 5.x. Screenshots perhaps?

Originally posted by DJC
When I down load emails into Eudora 6 I get lots of empty windows with little red crosses in place of pictures etc.

Any ides?

I have been using eudora for over 6 years, now, and I am on 6.0.1.1 (paid) mode. it rocks, solif junk mail function and very stable.

when an email has an attachemnt, eudora uses the windows explorer icons to display the file type together with the attachemtn name. is this what you mean? If you delete the attachment, you will get a red cross through the icon indicating it has been deleted.

can you post a screen shot if you mean something different?

here is a screen shot of the program for you, vern.

EJ ;)

All very interesting but there has been no attempt to answer the original question.

I chose Eudora because OE started playing funny games. It "told" me it was contacting the POP accounts, It appeared to be looking for email and then it close without any error BUT it did not download the emails - they were left on the server.

Originally posted by DJC
All very interesting but there has been no attempt to answer the original question.

I chose Eudora because OE started playing funny games. It "told" me it was contacting the POP accounts, It appeared to be looking for email and then it close without any error BUT it did not download the emails - they were left on the server.

Well, your question now does not relate at all to the problem you reported earlier. when you have set your account up properly, eudora check emails while the little yin yang icon is spinning in the bottom right corner. if it fails to retrieve emails, you will see an exclamation mark next to where the yin yang was. double click on that or the yin yang to see the status messages.

again, if you are more specific and if you could post a screen shot of the problem, i might be able to help....

EJ ;)

Subject: It's Free to List & You're Included!

Not everyone can list for Free! You've got over 10 Feedback which, makes you eligible for this week's Buy It Now Free Listing Day. Click here to learn more.

When?
Thursday December 4th between 0:00:01 GMT until 23:59:59 GMT
What?
Click here for full terms and conditions.
How?
Learn more about Buy It Now.

Check out what's going, going, gone...
Musical
Instruments

Mobile
Phones

Digital
Cameras

Ladies
Jewellery

What is Pre-Filled Item Information?
It sounds dull, but it's fantastic for DVD and CD sellers! Complete your listings instantly with photos, film descriptions, track listings and more just by entering the barcode or title when listing.
Daewoo Charity Auction!

This superb Daewoo Kalos is going, going gone. Bidding starts at just £1!

Secret Santa gifts for the office party!

Search for the greatest gifts from under a fiver on eBay.co.uk.

Don't Miss Out on getting that Gift!

Download the eBay Toolbar and make sure you don't miss out on that perfect gift.

I now have another problem. How do i copy parts of an email so that I can show here what is happening?

sorry, DJC, I am really trying to help, but I cannot make sense out of what you are trying to say. The best way is really showing a screen shot. I use corel capture, but I am sure there are other freeware or shareware screen capture programs out there.

Try again! If you can't screen capture, why not use simple words to explain what is going on.

EJ ;)

Well there is this feature in eudora, which is enabled and can be disabled, or mabey not even, that stops it from loading any images that are on the local hard disk and on the internet, it does this so that you do not get screwed over when an email comes along with a JPG which is a trojan and screw your PC over.

Good protection i have to add.

I'll have another go. I have a P$ 2.4GHz laptop running XP pro and Eudora 6.0.

I have rejected Outlook Express as it started playing up. it would log onto POP accounts appear to download the emails but actually did not. I got fed up of using stone-age speed Webmail to rectify this problem.

Eudora has worked well but has one problem. The emails are downloaded incomplete. Pictures, adverts etc are missing. In place of these items i see a little window with a title underneath. All this window contains is a very small box containing a little red cross.

I have read an FAQ on this problem but it has not resolved the problem.

Can anyone help? I cannot explain the problem any more precisely than this.

Me again

I am also running McAfee Security centre but this is not the cause as I have un-installed it without getting any results.

under Tools -> options -> Viewing Mail, tick the box "use microsoft's viewer"

Also, are you using the latest version, which is 6.0.1.1

The content creator might be playing up, too. Do you have an image blocker or a pop-up blocker? Using the microsoft viewer, you are essentially viewing html email with IE, so make sure IE is working properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back