eset nod32 v4 beta (public)

_kC_

OSNN Senior Addict
http://www.eset.eu/download/beta

ESET is pleased to announce the availability of a new product generation for testing. Even though installation over older versions is supported, we recommend that you uninstall your current version prior to installing the beta. Since it's still a beta version, we do not recommend installing it on production systems.

The new version 4 features more than 50 improvements compared to the current version. The main changes are described below:

- integrated ESET SysInspector
- support for laptops (tasks can be postponed when the machine is running on batterry, a notification appears if a larger update is going to be downloaded, etc.)
- added a non-graphic interface (suitable for screen readers used by visually impaired persons)
- improved scanning of removable media (used maximum settings when running files from removable media, allows blocking/allowing USB ports)
- improved cleaning
- improved self-defense
- added statistic graphs and information about the currently scanned object
- added an option to use advanced heuristics on file execution
- added an option to control the level of archive scanning or maximum scan time of objects
- added option to supress notifications when applications are run in fullscreen mode
- scanning of encrypted HTTPs/POP3s protocols
- website management allowing to block/allow access to user-defined sites
- new Document protection module for scanning MS Office files
- added an option to connect to 2 ERA servers
- customizable context menu
- UAC support
- password protected uninstallation
- notification about missing operating system updates
- management of hidden dialog windows
- Thunderbird plugin
- Antispam now uses a user and global address books
- potentially unwanted/unsafe applications are now reported in a yellow alert window which requires a user interaction
help/comments - http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

ming

OSNN Advanced
tried this on my laptop last night... took 50mins to scan the machine...
not sure if that's good or bad since i let it on default settings.

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Staff member
Political User
depends how much you had on there, and you have to take into account how many viri its searching for, that and its a beta, get bugs out first speed improvements later

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Staff member
Political User
takes near 3 hours for mine but i have a lot of rars and other files it has issues with, Carrara files and rather large .psd files - 80meg+

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soperyzoity