Eset Nod32 making Trend Micro Housecall impotent?

Shawn160

OSNN Newbie
Hi. I've run Housecall twice, once in IE7 and once in FF2, and just as it's starting to scann, Amon says it caught a Java/Exploit in whichever browser Housecall happens to be in. Housecall continues to scan, but I'm never sure if it really removes what it's found. Should I disable Nod32 when scanning with Housecall?

no - just dont use housecall, you shouldn't have any need for it if you have eset

Nothing wrong with checking with a different AV.

To answer your question, go into setting and add the site to the exclusions list and/or the Web exclusions list. That should stop Nod32 from scanning it.

web scanners aren't the best - if you want to test with a different av why not get the free 30 day trial most allow you to use

The problem with checking your system with the trial of another AV is that they can possibly not work well on a system together whereas the web version is less likely to have this happen. You end up with new system files, services running, etc. Disable ESET and then run the web AV until you are done and then re-enable your normal AV. You also unecessarily litter your registry with more garbage using the trial version.

Dr. Web CureIt! is a nice small, FREE, standalone scanner: http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/. It's portable and good at finding things at times when other AVs don't.

if you disable the realtime checking of one it wont interfere with the other, which is what most av's suggest to do anyway, i used to have 3 av products installed on my pc (not all realtime scanning at once) and never had an issue

Thanks for all the help. Yes I like using the online scanners from time to time, in a perfect world where all AVs are perfect and infallable it wouldn't be necessary, but unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world. I've gotten rid of many infections my AV didn't even register that way. And besides Online virus scanners cannot be corrupted by infections hiding somewhere inside Windows, at least that's what they say.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back