Error Writing To File

N

Not Bman

My friend gets this error when trying to install Windows Live or Gears of War (same thing, installing Live)

This is the error file.

C:Windows/winsxs/manifests/x86_microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700.cat

Any ideas, he said he has reinstalled even and the problem continues. He thinks it has something to do with permissions but he is on XP, i said it sounds like a Trojan, but how can that be if he reinstalled?

I am still waiting on his reply, but I am pretty sure he has tried installing that, and might have got the same error. If that is the case, any ideas?

tell him to clear out both temp folders and try re-installing, also get him to re-download the live installer

Clear out what temp folders?

C:Windows/winsxs/manifests/x86_microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700.cat

THat is the folder which is in the error?

dear lord!?

c:\windows\temp
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp

or get him to run ccleaner (link is on front page)

Sorry, I replied while talking to him, I could of figured that one out lol

He says he gets the same error. Weird.

He stated he is on 64 XP, does that have an effect?

yes - it wont install on xp64 - as i found out :) - there is a way to install messenger though

There is no way to install at all in 64XP, no solution or fix on it's way?

Messenger is not what he wants lol

So really, no fix on it's way out? That is insane if you ask me.

Thanks for all the help.

they are focusing on vista x64, so he might want to get that, that and the fact driver support is better on vista x64 then it is on xp x64

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back