Error Writing To File

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
My friend gets this error when trying to install Windows Live or Gears of War (same thing, installing Live)

This is the error file.

C:Windows/winsxs/manifests/x86_microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700.cat

Any ideas, he said he has reinstalled even and the problem continues. He thinks it has something to do with permissions but he is on XP, i said it sounds like a Trojan, but how can that be if he reinstalled?

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I am still waiting on his reply, but I am pretty sure he has tried installing that, and might have got the same error. If that is the case, any ideas?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Staff member
Political User
tell him to clear out both temp folders and try re-installing, also get him to re-download the live installer

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Clear out what temp folders?

C:Windows/winsxs/manifests/x86_microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700.cat

THat is the folder which is in the error?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Staff member
Political User
dear lord!?

c:\windows\temp
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp

or get him to run ccleaner (link is on front page)

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Messenger is not what he wants lol

So really, no fix on it's way out? That is insane if you ask me.

Thanks for all the help.

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Staff member
Political User
they are focusing on vista x64, so he might want to get that, that and the fact driver support is better on vista x64 then it is on xp x64

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut