Error with sp1

Z

zoey

Windows Delayed Write Failed....
Windows was unable to save all the datafor the file
I:\6e6cf3ce1be9a7ce6a642814b\ic\winnt32.msi.
The datahas been lost. This error may be caused by
a failure of your hardwareor network connection.
please try to save this file elsewhere.

I do have an MSI 3d card. Shoulsd I worry or continue?

What were you doing when you got this error?

It has nothing to do with your video card from MSI, but with Microsoft Installer.

well some data has obviously not been written
this could be a problem with your hdd starting to snuff it. or maybe RAM has a bad area. but it could be a bad sector or an illegal operation by something... just carry on as usual and see if anything else happens. as it has only happened once theres not enough evidence to conclude anything.

Originally posted by yoyo
What were you doing when you got this error?

It has nothing to do with your video card from MSI, but with Microsoft Installer.

Trying to install sp1 leagal

ohh now i see your installing sp1

well run chkdsk first. check the integity of data.

I continued to installed sp1 and it said it was installed successfully

I'll chk disk also doing a clean install, and ant to make a good image of the drive.

I used to get those errors, but it was to $Mft. One of my maxtor hdd's was goin out and it kept screwin up with disk writes. I ran chkdsk /x /f /v /r to check for errors. I later had to do a full scan with the MaxBlast diagnostic software and use it's utilities to fix it.

i have a sp1 cd-rom it won't let me install unless i have all my windows updates current

i have a sp1 cd-rom it won't let me install unless i have all my windows updates current

Are you telling us because you feel the need to tell someone, or are you asking for help?

i'm having the same problem .... windows unable to write....
this happen after i remove my geforce4 and install ati9500pro
then i remove the nvidia driver and install the catalyst.
after reboot... that problem occur..... anyone??

Originally posted by Bucky Badger
I continued to installed sp1 and it said it was installed successfully

I'll chk disk also doing a clean install, and ant to make a good image of the drive.

If it is a one time occurence then it probably isn't the hardware, I had a maxtor 40gb that was doing this non stop, turned out to be faulty.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back