error while trying to read cd in a dvd

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
i inserted a cd (burnt in easy cd 5) and tried to read it with my dvd rom drive (with the latest adaptec udf reader installed) and it gives me the error in the image...
how come i get this error and how can i fix it?

thx, Apu

Have you looked in device manager to see if all is well there.

Is the problem with all cd's or just that one.

theres no prob in the device manager....and its a problem with the newest cds ive burnt...regular ones and ones that ive burnt within the last 2 yrs read ok

i already tried that article...it didnt help me much, i had already tried all the solutions

Did the problem start before or after you installed the newest UDF reader???

it started after i installed the udf reader...and ive tried uninstalling it but it wont let me...it gives me this weirdo error that like 0x00000 or something like that in the uninstallation prog

O.K. Then the best thing you can do is do a "System Restore" of XP to a point before you installed it.

Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore.

Then it will be as it was before the OOOPS. :D

crap...what if i dont have a sys restore pt? anyway of uninstalling the udf reader?

thx...ill try that...
off topic, i take it that you speak spanish, right?

Posted by apu95
crap...what if i dont have a sys restore pt? anyway of uninstalling the udf reader?

If you shut down the system and rebooted any time before you installed the reader you should have a restore point.
Restore points are created anytime the system is shut down and rebooted.

Unless you disabled the "System Restore" option.

Posted by apu95
thx...ill try that...
off topic, i take it that you speak spanish, right?
Si Señor. En que le puedo servir?

solo revisaba...hace tiempo que no veia a alguien escribir la palabra "huevon" en internet...solo la escuchaba cuando vivia en chile

Heh heh, Tengo un amigo que es Chileno que antes vivia en San Francisco. De aves en quando regresa a el Estados Unidos. Yo soy nasido aqui (Estados Unidos) pero mi Madre es de Méjico.

A, y si soy vien huevon. :p

For some unknown reason the UDF reader seems to work better as a stand alone app, installed separately from Easy CD Creator 5 main software otherwise it causes conflicts.

Remove it and advise if this improves things.

It does not auto install with EZY CD CREATOR 5.3 (latest version) but cds and cdrws should be read in DVD drives and CDRW drives via the "Direct CD" aspect of the software ( although of course you cannot write to the disc when in DVD drive.)
Make sure that " DIRECT CD"is selected in "msconfig"for an auto view on start up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back