Error while loading MSN Messenger

winxptwker

OSNN Newbie
Hey! A nice new forum layout. I have been absent from this site for some time now I am back. Because my orginal account got lost in the disaster (sp?) I read on the announcement forum. I was Jason Roberts but now winxptwker. :D

OK to the problem.

I have downloaded the latest version of MSN Messenger (I was informed by the client already installed on my computer). Upon installing it and opening the client window, I get this error as shown in picture.

I have re-downloaded it again and then uninstalled and reinstalled but no sucess :(

What is wrong?

Attachments

• post-11-1074196066.jpg
    post-11-1074196066.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 103
Hmm... normally the error message would recognize what specific .DLL is missing. In your case, it doesn't. Right now, my best advice is to do a system restore if you have a point available before you performed the upgrade. If you don't have a restore point, then we will probably need to find out what .DLL is needed and how to get it back. I imagine that it is on the XP disc, but I'm not sure if the version changes with upgrades.

Never mind. Solved it. It was the Messenger Plus! program. it was missing some dll files so I uninstalled it and then restarted and then reinstalled it. Good to go! Thanks any way. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back