Error Norton anti virus (1004,1)

S

Sneakydude

hi, i dont want to start any arguments, so if you cant help then please dont post any negative comments, thanks in advance

basically i downloaded norton anti virus 2003, and after i install then reboot i get a error that is very simillar to this message "Message: "A settings violation has been detected. The security settings have been tampered with. Please contact your Administrator or consult the product documentation..." (1004,1) "

all i want to know is if some one knows how to get around this, the symantec site mentions 3 ways of fixing the error, all but that last i have tried with no succes, the last one involves me clean botting the computer wich im not going to do, so if any body know how to fix this please let me know :D thanks

one more thing, i apolagize in advanced if this type of post isnt allowed.:)

By all means post away. Why would this start arguments? That's what we all come here for, help. As for your problem I ain't got a clue. Don't use NAV. :(

HD - I believe he's intimating it may not be a legitimate copy.

If it is a downloaded version it could be a beta, that could be cuasing the problems :(

Thanx allan. Didn't see that. 'Downloaded'. :eek: That could well be the problem then. Sneakydude you know there are free virus programs available?

at the bottom it says "external test build"
whatever that means :D

for some reason i got the idea in my head i should use norton anti virus, i gues because i was going to start using kazza and didnt want to get a virus, i think im going to look into those "free virus programs"

This is the one I use. AVG. Make sure you get the free one. Seems to do well for freeware.

so how exactly does it work? it just boots up when i start windows, and it checks my downloads for viruses as i dl them or after the dl is finished? or do i have to check manually? and is there a option so it doesnt start up when windows starts i dont want it to hog my recources i already have style xp and norton uttileties running, i really just want it so i dont get a virus from kazza.

I do mine manually. When finisked downloading I highlight all the downloads, right click, then scan. If you don't want it on all the time go to start/run/msconfig. Go to startup & untick it from loading at startup. Just remember that it is off though. Have a shortcut handy to turn it on. Every week or so turn it on when on the net go to update & check for new updates.

No problemo. Open AVG up & play around with some of the settings. You'll get the hang of it soon enough. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back