Error Message

N

Not Bman

I'm on my friends computer again, and every so minutes or so... I get this message. What is it and how do I fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the hard disk on that channel is failing. Normally timeouts lead to failures.

Disk Management? I assuming the hard drive is failing then, the computer my friend has is quite old now.

Right click My Computer
Manage
Disk Management

or

Start
Run
diskmgmt.msc
OK

assuming this is windows xp - right-click My Computer - Manage - Event Viewer
look through the System logs to check for any warning or failure events that occur at the time that you get these error messages. post them here.

It's going to be awhile before I am on the computer again. If I find any errors, what does that mean. Just that the hard drive is failing?

More than likely it's a hardware issue, but it depends on the errors you find in the event log as to what they mean :)

I guess it really dosen't matter which error it is. I keep telling my friend, YOU NEED A NEW COMPUTER!! lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back