Error message

toretto

Mentally Absent
bsod windows 2000 professional

stop:(0x000000d1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xeb41fee3)

then it said it did a memory dump

can any of you decrypt what the hell that is supposed to mean?

thanx for any help you can give me.

did it give you any type of driver or device identifier or just the memory location...

Aussie983 said:
did it give you any type of driver or device identifier or just the memory location...

It just gave me the memory location... something along the line of... Irq not equal to or less than.

normally that particular error msg... I believe it's "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" will be followed by the name of the device driver that caused the crash dump. It's not immediately below that string of text... I think it's halfway down the blue screen and it's easy to miss, especially if you have it set to reboot after BSOD. There's a KB article on it on MS's support site. Could have been a complete fluke, for all we know... does it do it regularly or is that the first time it's happened? Did you change anything prior to it happening? (new soundcard/video card/mobo drivers?)Here's the link to the KB article in question. Basically it's just windows blowing up when a driver tries to touch an area of memory that it's not allowed to touch.

thanx for your help, no, there never was a device listing... however... i noticed, having the case apart and eventually watching it... that there was a resistor that started to glow after a few minutes of being on. As soon as that happened, the whole system started going hay wire... so i have since bought a new motherboard and harddrive so that i could raid the system... mmmm
but thanks again.

toretto said:
i noticed, having the case apart and eventually watching it... that there was a resistor that started to glow after a few minutes of being on.
eek thats no good :p

glowing = hot... hot = bad. :p I'd say a new mobo wasn't a bad idea in that case. Out of curiosity, what did you end up buying?

Gigabyte 7N400PRO-2 NForce2 (400 FSB) LAN/SATA RAID/Audio/IEEE DDR 400 (AMD XP

ah, very good board... one of my roommates is looking into buying that board when he gets a new one.

cryogenic said:
ah, very good board... one of my roommates is looking into buying that board when he gets a new one.

I liked it, liked the specs, and the features it has.
sata raid, ide raid... the whole nine yards... i shall see how i like it... will right back with results

all right, the hard drive is here, the coolermaster jet 7 is here, and damnit, i am waiting for the mobo, which will be here tomorrow, then i will build it and tell ya how i like it.

Alright, here are the specs

Gigabyte GA-7m400 Pro2 Mainboard
Athon XP 2200, Topped with a CoolerMaster Jet 7
1GB Crucial PC3200 Dual Channel DDR
Ati Radeon 9500 Pro
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Gamer
DVD Drive (Soon to be upgraded to a burner, Plextor 8x?!?)
CD Burner 48x
2 WD Caviar 120GB, 8MB buffer Stripe partition via onboard Raid controller
Supports SATA RAID as well, but too broke to upgrade to a couple of those drives.
4 80mm fans, 1 120mm fan

Shockingly fast, amazing speed in all areas. stays cool, 3dmarked at 3594pts

Anyways, back to UT2k4

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back