Error message

toretto

Mentally Absent
bsod windows 2000 professional

stop:(0x000000d1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xeb41fee3)

then it said it did a memory dump

can any of you decrypt what the hell that is supposed to mean?

thanx for any help you can give me.

toretto

Mentally Absent
Aussie983 said:
did it give you any type of driver or device identifier or just the memory location...
It just gave me the memory location... something along the line of... Irq not equal to or less than.

cryogenic

OSNN Addict
normally that particular error msg... I believe it's "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" will be followed by the name of the device driver that caused the crash dump. It's not immediately below that string of text... I think it's halfway down the blue screen and it's easy to miss, especially if you have it set to reboot after BSOD. There's a KB article on it on MS's support site. Could have been a complete fluke, for all we know... does it do it regularly or is that the first time it's happened? Did you change anything prior to it happening? (new soundcard/video card/mobo drivers?)Here's the link to the KB article in question. Basically it's just windows blowing up when a driver tries to touch an area of memory that it's not allowed to touch.

toretto

Mentally Absent
thanx for your help, no, there never was a device listing... however... i noticed, having the case apart and eventually watching it... that there was a resistor that started to glow after a few minutes of being on. As soon as that happened, the whole system started going hay wire... so i have since bought a new motherboard and harddrive so that i could raid the system... mmmm
but thanks again.

Xie

- geek -
toretto said:
i noticed, having the case apart and eventually watching it... that there was a resistor that started to glow after a few minutes of being on.
eek thats no good :p

cryogenic

OSNN Addict
glowing = hot... hot = bad. :p I'd say a new mobo wasn't a bad idea in that case. Out of curiosity, what did you end up buying?

toretto

Mentally Absent
cryogenic said:
ah, very good board... one of my roommates is looking into buying that board when he gets a new one.
I liked it, liked the specs, and the features it has.
sata raid, ide raid... the whole nine yards... i shall see how i like it... will right back with results

toretto

Mentally Absent
all right, the hard drive is here, the coolermaster jet 7 is here, and damnit, i am waiting for the mobo, which will be here tomorrow, then i will build it and tell ya how i like it.

toretto

Mentally Absent
Alright, here are the specs

Gigabyte GA-7m400 Pro2 Mainboard
Athon XP 2200, Topped with a CoolerMaster Jet 7
1GB Crucial PC3200 Dual Channel DDR
Ati Radeon 9500 Pro
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Gamer
DVD Drive (Soon to be upgraded to a burner, Plextor 8x?!?)
CD Burner 48x
2 WD Caviar 120GB, 8MB buffer Stripe partition via onboard Raid controller
Supports SATA RAID as well, but too broke to upgrade to a couple of those drives.
4 80mm fans, 1 120mm fan

Shockingly fast, amazing speed in all areas. stays cool, 3dmarked at 3594pts

Anyways, back to UT2k4

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haniew