error in running javacodes on linux(mandrake)??

@

@n!e

hi,
i'm new to linux.
i've try to run my java source code on linux(mandrake) which i've already install the jdk for it. I got error when i run it. Is there any possiblities where i can run the same code on my windows and can't run on linux? May i know why is this occur??
thanks in advance.:confused:

Java code is able to be executed on Windows and Linux so it should work, specifically what error are you getting?

my java error???

hi,

But i got the following error:

Font specified in font.properties not found [--symbol-medium-r normal--*-%d-*-*-p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>Home,_Key_Begin"
to type VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>F1,_Key_Help" to
type VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string
"Shift<Key>F10,_Key_Menu" to type VirtualBinding
"<Key>F10,Shift_Key_Menu" to type VirtualBinding
"<Key>KP_Enter,_Key_Execute" to type VirtualBinding
"Alt<Key>Return,Alt_Key_KP_Enter" to type
VirtualBinding
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(ImageIcon.java:99)
at SplashScreen.<init>(MainFrame.java:528)
at Client.main(Client.java:124)

can anyone of you tell me what is it?
Thanks in advance.
:confused:

The first one is easy, the font you want to use does not exist. Try using a generic font.

The ones after that are telling you that for some reason it cannot convert the string "Alt<Key>Return,Alt_Key_KP_Enter" to the type VirtualBinding, i think this has to do with key binding of some sort.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(ImageIcon.java:99)

The NullPointerException is because you are trying to use an uninitialized variable, in this case probably an ImageIcon. You have created a variable for it, but not created an object.

jdk 1.2.2??

hi, based on my situation, so i realli need to change my current jdk 1.2.2 to 1.4.1??
What are the consequences if i change/remain?
Btw, what's the different between sdk and jdk? i'm confused by this two term.
thanks again.

Well 1.4.1 should be better I guess. Don't know if it affects anything negatively. SDK is Software Development Kit, JDK is (i guess) Java Development Kit. Don't know if there's and difference and if so, what.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back