Error FREE PC Setup...

Why would anyone play counterstrike for 48 hrs straight?

Dude get a life. AMD got their ass in gear and has NOW provided a better cpu then Intel. If you want facts then do the research. It has been proven that the AMD XP cpus run COOLER then before and FASTER then Intel's P4 cpus.

Hmmmm P4 is at, I think, 2.5 GHz or something like that and AMD is at XP 2000+ (rated at like 1.7 GHz or something like that) and the AMD runs FASTER.

Dur Dur Dur my name i-i-i-i-is ac6210CR.

^^^^^^
Somebody watched the Waterboy last night, lol.

ac6210CR, did your mom get you a nice p4 compaq for Christmas?

don't be mean!

Originally posted by Lonman
^^^^^^
Somebody watched the Waterboy last night, lol.

ac6210CR, did your mom get you a nice p4 compaq for Christmas?

lonman, come now, remember the old "it's not fair to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent"?

Ok everyone else got their 2 cents worth in Guess it is my turn.

I'll make it brief (Unlike some ppl I hate reading essays [hint hint])

AMD Is the Best for a PC when you take Price Speed Reliability all into account. (Just stay away from Slot A they are a Over heater [I know I have one hehehe])

Intel Is the Best for Workhorses only. Such as Servers or CAD Machines. (The reason is Intel’s Math processing is the only thing they excel in)

All in All AMD for the PC is the only way to go. I can't wait till AMD makes some real good Server Type Chips (Like the Intel xeon or itanium) and REALLY puts a crimp in Intel’s style that will be a Great Day. (I always cheer for the underdog)

Remember these are just my opinions...

since reading this thread, I have been trying to think of an instance where I would buy an Intel CPU system.

1) Home use
well, you get no performance advantage from Intel and a much higher price, so its Athlon XP.

2) Office Use
same argument as 1)

3) Server use
I would have said intel before but they have sadly lost the performance crown here too.
The 4 way Intel XEON processor systems are now less powerful than 2 way Athlon MP systems. There will inevitably be a few occasions where the Intel 4 way system has superior throughput, but for the most part, AMD takes the prize.
And... Intels P4 isnt Multiprocessor capable !

Also please bear in mind that AMD Athlon XP processors are so damned reliable now. I quite simply never get any crashes unless I provoke them (I do experiment too ;))

Sorry to put the dampeners on Intel kit so much, but there really is no need anymore to spend your money on an Intel processor. Save it for a decent amount of Ram, nice sound card and video adapter, or even get yourself a Multiprocessor Athlon for the same price, then you're laughing :)

Is there any 'real' reason for purchasing an Intel system for home use? I am interested to know your opinion if you have a thought on this.

i dunno

i think ac6210sr made some pretty solid arguments.

1. "'coz all your previous setup sucks"

2. "running CounterStrike 1.3 for 48 hours uninterrupted"

3. "'coz AMD users does not fully know what heat is in an electronic gadgets".(?)

i submitted these arguments to a technical analyst with ten years experience in computer hardware, and he said:

"sounds good!, he's right on the money!"*

say no more.

*the technical analyst was high on crack at the time.

LMAO... like pulling 'experts' into a court battle... you can find anyone to say anything.

say no more -- Bwaa ha ha ha!!!

Amen Brother Lonman!!

You have to remember they are going off of the Intel propaganda from back during the 1 GHz wars. It was an Intel socket370 against a Slot “A” AMD. The Intel won that heat race. They just don't realize that we are talking about the 2 GHz wars. Mathematically I believe it is like 10,000 Times faster processing. Similar to the Richter Scale on earthquakes every point is like double the amount of Power.

Anyway maybe they will read up on the new technical journals someday...

Originally posted by Lonman
LMAO... like pulling 'experts' into a court battle... you can find anyone to say anything.

ah, c'mon, yer not saying my crack-addicted technical analyst has anything other than sound judgement? I'm sorry, the CounterStrike argument, you can't beat that as a test. That's how they test the stability of the NASA computer system, and they've never had a problem. Well...

Intel holds their position in the market because they and Microsoft have competed fair and square, just like the oil companies, and have never signed any back-room deals like those commie troublemakers at AMD who supply the world's hackers with tools of destruction, and are in league with Linusy Torvaldich, who is a Bolshevik from Anatarctica.

Er, or something.

dotbatman,
your crack adicted analyst if he was worth his salt would never have endorsed those 3 statements. I would be embarassed to argue any case with those 3 points as my sole merit and I am very surprised you can actually bring those forward as your argument.

1) what have previous setups got to do with the price of fish?
2)Whats it to you if he leaves counterstrike running for 48 hours?
3)What on earth has heat in gadgets got to do with anything?
The Athlon CPU consumes more power than Intel, so what? It certainly hasnt affected its reliability nor its ability to run at speed.

I would like to have a discussion more on the lines of sensible points unless you really do just want a slanging match ;)

Put it this way, you can ask me just about any question on PC hardware/software and I'll do my best to help. I dont know everything, but I know a shit lot!
What I do give as my advice is my previous statement on what CPU you should buy for the type of system you need at the moment. And at the moment, its AMD all the way.
I'm sorry if you bought an Intel system, and perhaps you are very happy with it, damn, if someone gave me a P4 2.2GHz, I would be happy. I just cannot sanction paying Intels ripoff prices when a perfectly good part from AMD does the job for much less.

I personally will not buy an Intel system at the momemt.
My 2p worth :)

well, i guess my 2 cents are due, and i will definately have to side with the AMD people, because that is what i am. I have an Athlon 1.4G, and i have never had any problems with overheating, or crashing (well, some problems with Win Me, but that was 'cause Win Me was just basically a peice of crap OS, and it came with the system) since i installed XP, i have had no, i repeat NO problems with crashes, nor overheating, and my processor speed is much much better than what i've experienced with a Pentium 1.7G (that's what my sister has). I've even converted her, since she jsut recently asked me to see what kind of deal i could get on an Athlon XP 2000+......heh, little does she know that i'm not gonna find her anything until i get a 2000+ myself.....but anyways, thought i'd add my opinion to the mix:cool:

Originally posted by Chernobyl
dotbatman,
your crack adicted analyst if he was worth his salt would never have endorsed those 3 statements. I would be embarassed to argue any case with those 3 points as my sole merit and I am very surprised you can actually bring those forward as your argument.

1) what have previous setups got to do with the price of fish?
2)Whats it to you if he leaves counterstrike running for 48 hours?
3)What on earth has heat in gadgets got to do with anything?
The Athlon CPU consumes more power than Intel, so what? It certainly hasnt affected its reliability nor its ability to run at speed.

I would like to have a discussion more on the lines of sensible points unless you really do just want a slanging match ;)

Put it this way, you can ask me just about any question on PC hardware/software and I'll do my best to help. I dont know everything, but I know a shit lot!
What I do give as my advice is my previous statement on what CPU you should buy for the type of system you need at the moment. And at the moment, its AMD all the way.
I'm sorry if you bought an Intel system, and perhaps you are very happy with it, damn, if someone gave me a P4 2.2GHz, I would be happy. I just cannot sanction paying Intels ripoff prices when a perfectly good part from AMD does the job for much less.

I personally will not buy an Intel system at the momemt.
My 2p worth :)

oh my god, you thought i was SERIOUS?! are you completely CLUELESS?!

i was mocking that tool who put forth those arguments in the first place.

wake up!

oh, come on...have you ever, in your entire life, heard someone cite the opinion of a crack addict seriously?

and even then, what I said two posts down from that about Linus Torvalds being a Bolshevik from ANTARCTICA?! and then that NASA uses Counterstrike to test their systems? oh, man if only it were so, but of course they use only Quake 3 Arena!

oh lord help me, i am really sorry, i don't expect everyone, hell ANYONE to find what i post to be funny, but i can't make it more obvious than that.

anyway, just having fun. i hope you know i'm being serious when i say

peace brother!

oh, and in case there is ANY doubt, i will say unequivocally that AMD is going to tear Intel down like a beyotch, know what i'm sayin'? if I had the money and a compatible mobo, i'd be at the AMD factory right now.

well, i thought it was funny, especially the bolshevik from antartica part......guess i was the only other one......;)

this isnt aimed at you by the way ;)
but I have met some mad people in my time and some people can talk like that and be serious!!

I got lost in my little world there.

please accept my humble grin :)

false false and more false

Install the latest drivers for everything and it should be fine.

However I agree to steer clear of motherboards with built in nearly everything except sound. Not for stability issues but performance/upgradability/free resource issues.

Advice time 4 MOBO

Well guys - looks like this is the thread to ask this question.
I want to upgrade to AMD so I need a MOBO below is a wish list of what I would like, so what board shall I get please.

WISHLIST
1. min 1.5ghz ddr ram
2. AMD XP starting at about 1.5 with room for upgrade
3. Award bios/softmenu if possible
4. Would like Raid [but if req will get a card]

Compatable with
1. Geforce2 MX400 64mb
2. PCI512 SBlaster

My budget is about £100 so whats the views :)

K

K7T266 Pro2 RU

Strong, fast, stable, RAID, USB2.0, OC in BIOS, 4 GB DDR Max, and best of all its RED!

I would without any hesitation recommend the MSI K7T266 Pro2 RU. MSI boards are known for being rock solid, I've been running it for about 2 months, it replaced my MSI K7T266 ProR, which got moved into my UT server. I have had NO problems whatsoever with these boards, they are stable and dependable. The RAID leaves something to be desired, though some would NEVER buy onboard RAID, I find it to be more than adequate for my needs.

You WONT be sorry with this board.

K7T266pro2-RU_large.jpg

The only other board I would realy recoomend would have to be the K7V Dragon Plus! from Soyo. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back