error 429 ; active X component cant create object

S

s.n.a.g

i've saved a vb developed exe file from a friend. i contain a log in screen, whenever i click the login button after keying the username and password, i says "runtime error 429 ; active X component cant create object".

-i have no VB software/program installed in my pc
-the modules, forms etc files are gone; me and my friend only have the exe file

is there any way i can fix this problem?

please help!!! :( :(

No, it seems that you dont have the Active X component you need, if your friend doesnt have this either, then you can do nothing anymore.

i've installed M/soft Visual studio. i can now run the exe file.

my question is can i use some program to see the codes, forms, modules etc of the exe file?

Originally posted by s.n.a.g
i've installed M/soft Visual studio. i can now run the exe file.

my question is can i use some program to see the codes, forms, modules etc of the exe file?

Well, you can but it's better to re-write it if you want to change something.
There are decompilers but they are not free and they aren't very usefull.

Well, youd need the origional files, you cant "decode" it. Since all youd get after decoding is machine code.

Originally posted by X-Istence
Well, youd need the origional files, you cant "decode" it. Since all youd get after decoding is machine code.

Not true.
You can reverse VB code and objects (not all).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back