erase all file in Temporary Internet Files

q12368c

OSNN Addict
How can I delete all temp. internet files in my computer include all user?
currently I am login administrator and there is other user profile in my computer and I want to remove it.

I user this command to delete my own temp. file:

del /f /s /q "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\*.*"

there are many software you can use to delete those, you can use "ccleaner" or "window washer".....

I just create a RAMdisk using AR Ramdisk. It's no longer supported but you can still download it here:
http://www.freedecentdownloads.com/Tweakfiles/Tweakfiles.html

Then change the go to your browser options and relocate the temp directory to the RAMdisk. Every time you shutdown windows all the internet cache temp files diappear as well :)
do not create a ram disc in xp unless you want your computer to slow down...if anyone has more ram then they are using xp will still take advantage of the excess.

if you want to do something similar to what coathanger suggests then create a partion and put your temporary files on that...then delet the data on that partition whenever you want

Last edited:
Depends on the size of the RAMdisk. There's a 128MB limit on the freeware I listed above. Windows XP works smooth as ever with RAMdisk installed on my system :)

Last edited:
Depends on the size of the RAMdisk. There's a 128MB limit on the freeware I listed above. Windows XP works smooth as ever with RAMdisk installed on my system :)
it depends on nothing

your system works "smooth as ever" is the mantra for proponents with every counter productive "tweak" all over the internet

it works "smooth as ever" for you inspite of your disc, and though you obviously don't realize it your ram disc slows your computer down, period

yes, you can dedicate memory to specific task which is obviouslyt at the expense of other tasks...and that diversion can actually decieve people into believing it is helping them

yes, it helps that particular file, it slows down whatever else you're working on, your working sets are smaller, your memory is unloaded faster and features will have to come from the hardrive instead of the memory where that feature would have resided had it not been for your ram disc

you want a slower computer that dedicates memory to a specific file instead of using it wherever it's needed, you go ahead and create your ram disc coathanger

Not deceived at all perris :D The purpose of the RAMdisk here is NOT to speed up the PC. It's simply a quick way to erase temp files when you shut down the system because everything on the RAM disappears as well.
Of course if you're maxing out your RAM (Peak commit charge is greater than Total Physical Memory) then this can slow down the system. Else a small RAMdisk is not going to be detrimental. Try out any benchmark you want to see for yourself ;) Don't forget to show us the screenshots :D

Not deceived at all perris :D The purpose of the RAMdisk here is NOT to speed up the PC. It's simply a quick way to erase temp files when you shut down the system because everything on the RAM disappears as well.
Of course if you're maxing out your RAM (Peak commit charge is greater than Total Physical Memory) then this can slow down the system. Else a small RAMdisk is not going to be detrimental. Try out any benchmark you want to see for yourself ;) Don't forget to show us the screenshots :D
I'll give you this coathanger;

if you have an abundance of memory (over one gig), and IF are doing nothing else on your computer while you're on the internet, and when you are not on the internet you turn off your ram disc

then your ram disc might be a fair choice since your memory is doing nothing else while you're on the internet

lol :D I still remember our great debate from ages ago...that was great fun. But I really don't have the time these days so you can have this one :p

/me pushes perris' button

*push*

*runs away*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back