Epson Artisan 800 - Anyone Tried It?

technomom

Techno Mom
Ok, my old R220 from Epson is about to get replaced. I've used and abused it for 3 years and it's on the blink - no longer feeds heavyweight papers. Uh Huh.

I'm totally sold on Epson, so don't even try to recommend anything else. :laugh:

My question is, do you, or anyone you know have experience with the new Artisan line of printers from Epson? I've heard soooo many good things about them, but when I get on CNET they say it's flimsy and has paper feed issues?!?!?!

Seriously, I don't want to sink almost $300 into a printer that's going to cause frustration when I'm in the middle of a 1,000 label order for a client!

If you have either the Artisan 700 or 800, or have seen it work, please advise me!

I always been of an HP person myself. Epson does make some nice though.

We have an HP all in one, and it does ok for quick prints/copies, etc, but I'm just not satisfied with the colors when it comes to high quality photos. I've used several HP's, and it's always the same...

I've been sold on Epson for years. Mom and I did a lot of research when she was going into a business supply/service company and I think we've found the best. :)

I hear Canon makes some wonderful image quality printers too, but I can't afford their ink. haha

Ok, my old R220 from Epson is about to get replaced. I've used and abused it for 3 years and it's on the blink - no longer feeds heavyweight papers. Uh Huh.

I'm totally sold on Epson, so don't even try to recommend anything else. :laugh:

My question is, do you, or anyone you know have experience with the new Artisan line of printers from Epson? I've heard soooo many good things about them, but when I get on CNET they say it's flimsy and has paper feed issues?!?!?!

Seriously, I don't want to sink almost $300 into a printer that's going to cause frustration when I'm in the middle of a 1,000 label order for a client!

If you have either the Artisan 700 or 800, or have seen it work, please advise me!

I've only tried HP, but I did find some online reviews that you can take a look at for the Epson Artisan 800.

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Epson-Artisan-Wireless-Printer-C11CA29201/dp/B001DJ9IAA

Gizmodo:
http://gizmodo.com/5062889/epson-artisan-800-all+in+one-lightning-review

Computer Shopper:
http://computershopper.com/printers/reviews/epson-artisan-800

I hope you will find a review in one of these links that will help you make up your mind. :)

The main thing I do not like about some of the epson things is the gravity fed system they have for the paper. I can't tell you how many times that failed and I ended up having to feed the paper manually !

I've only tried HP, but I did find some online reviews that you can take a look at for the Epson Artisan 800.

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Epson-Artisan-Wireless-Printer-C11CA29201/dp/B001DJ9IAA

Gizmodo:
http://gizmodo.com/5062889/epson-artisan-800-all+in+one-lightning-review

Computer Shopper:
http://computershopper.com/printers/reviews/epson-artisan-800

I hope you will find a review in one of these links that will help you make up your mind. :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
And, I most certainly gave you some reputation points for being helpful!!!

Off to read more of those reviews...

Accckkk. I am completely torn. Every other review is glowing with praise. It's the ones in between that scare me. I guess I could get it, but make sure I have a good warranty/returns policy in case it turns out to be a dud.

I know what I need it to do, so I could try some of everything in the first few days and if it gives me any trouble at all, it'll be going back to the store. lol

I'd just be thrilled to replace this old Epson and my HP all in one, with just one machine to do everything. One to buy ink for. One to have taking up space on my desk... and, the 800 comes with document feed which I could really use!!!

We were all-in-one shopping recently and I really wanted an epson I spotted. Got to the register at Staples and found out they dont accept empty epson printer cartridges for credit like they do other vendors. So we went with an HP wireless standalone. BIG mistake. Any time wireless settings change on the home LAN the printer software has to be reinstalled on every computer in the house. And when it comes to the software, it takes 20 minutes to install just the part to make the printer work (you know how you can uncheck 'Shop for ink online' 'Image Editor' etc). Despite Staples' lack of interest in recycling epson cartridges I would opt for one in the future. We have a Staples business discount card which really steered our decision.

We were all-in-one shopping recently and I really wanted an epson I spotted. Got to the register at Staples and found out they dont accept empty epson printer cartridges for credit like they do other vendors. So we went with an HP wireless standalone. BIG mistake. Any time wireless settings change on the home LAN the printer software has to be reinstalled on every computer in the house. And when it comes to the software, it takes 20 minutes to install just the part to make the printer work (you know how you can uncheck 'Shop for ink online' 'Image Editor' etc). Despite Staples' lack of interest in recycling epson cartridges I would opt for one in the future. We have a Staples business discount card which really steered our decision.

I wouldn't hook it up wirelessly. running it from the router in a central location is good enough. Plus the speed would better. This is why they make print servers :)

I would, but it has no ethernet port. USB or 802.11g is all you get. :cry:

In that case you can hook it to a regular computer and share it with the other pc's on the network.

That's why I have it hooked up wirelessly, so I don't have to do that. I just try not to mess with the wireless settings in the router and it does ok.

Thanks guys! I'm still hunting. Waiting for a check from a client, then I'm purchasing this thing! lol I can't wait!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back