eprom burner

limelucycrx

OSNN One Post Wonder
Im a new guy at this and im trying to learn how to use one, has anyone here ever used one? Im writing new fuel curves for my ecu in my car. sorry if this does not fit here

Each burner is different. You need to get the instructions for the one you use and find out what compiler/linkers are compatible with it.

Basically:
1) You write the code, compile it and give the linker the directions to tell it how to locate in the eprom memory space.
2) You use the utility that comes with the burner to put the linked file into the correct binary format for your partcular burner and CPU. If you are lucky the burner will support the compiler/linker you are using. If not great effort may be required.
3) You plug the burner into the PC and run the burn utility.

If you are just hacking a fuel burn table in an existing eprom then you would read the eprom from the burner, make a backup copy, use a hex editor to change the numbers in the table, save the file and then burn it.

The bad news:
-Eproms can be locked so you can't read the code with a burner.
-If you mess up the table or another part of the code you could blow the heads off you engine.
-The Engine CPU may do a check sum test on the Eprom and either not start or drop back to a minimal function mode.
-A too hot mixture could result in destroying the catalytic converter, warping the heads, damaging the valves, or if you're lucky, just fouling the plugs and leaving you stranded.
-Also, don't expect to be able to get a state inspection certificate after you make the mod's.

I assume you have researched what you are trying to do thoroughly already, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back