epox 8rda+ nFORCE 2 with onboard sound/ethernet

I know there is a motherboard section, but it doesn't really involved just the motherboard, so if its still the wrong forum then please move it :) anyways here is the problem, before i bought another better quality sound card, and when uninstalled the nforce 2 audio drivers, installed the new sound card's drivers, rebooted, i had no video past the start up screen.... so i ended up having to reinstall windows to get video back.

Well since its christmas and all, I bought myself a Audigey 2 ZL and I want to try it again. Now is there a bios feature I need to disable to turn off the onboard sound? beuase I looked and didn't see anything, and my motherboard manual doesn't mention disabiling it, maybe I missed uninstalling a driver? I'm not really sure, any help would be apreciated. I run Windows XP Pro also. and I have the latest bios updates and all.

in BIOS

Integrated Peripherals >

"AC97 Audio" default is >Auto, It can be set to a value of Disabled if you decide to use an add-on sound card.

now, i would disable the onboard audio, what drivers would i uninstall? i know its nforce related but i see atleast 3 drivers mentioning audio. and after i uninstall the nforce drivers, i install the new soundcard drivers, then put in the card and everything should be good...

Originally posted by Leaderz0rz
now, i would disable the onboard audio, what drivers would i uninstall? i know its nforce related but i see atleast 3 drivers mentioning audio.
unisntall the one that mentions nvidia. at any rate, not "audio codecs" or "legacy audio drivers".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back