• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Entire Desktop is missing after normal startup or reboot

gath2

OSNN One Post Wonder
I found a post on this problem from last year, but did not find the answer I was looking for. The problem is just as I described above. As far as I can tell, nothing has been changed on this machine from yesterday and today explorer.exe will not load.

I can Ctrl-Alt-Del, Task Man, New Task, Explorer.exe and all seems to look and act just fine.

I have had this happen on 3 or 4 computers that are all identical hardware and with the same ghost. Most have occured almost immediately after ghosting. This one was used for about 3 months and then started happening. I have not done any major troubleshooting to find the cause of the problem yet.

Ghosting is probably my best option, but I'm looking for a quick fix when this happens to get the user back up and running without any problems. I can't put explorer.exe in startup, because startup runs after explorer.exe.

Does anyone have any idea of where I can add this to see if I can get it to run? Is there somewhere in the registry where I can add things to load at startup?

Thanks for any suggestions

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix