Enter the Matrix install error

sboulema

OSNN Veteran Addict
Hey guys,
When i try to install etm, during the install i get an error saying that "unreadable volume, please insert etm_d1 in drive F:" (something like that translated from dutch). I get this error everytime :mad: sometimes it happens when cd2 is in the drive and i never passed cd3, on cd3 i get the error everytime. Hope you guys get the problem and know a way to fix it, cause i really wanna play the game :(

Not sure exactly what the problem is, but if by chance they are not the ORIGINAL disks then that would be a reason. If they are then you might try swapping out your CD drive...

Good luck.

they are the original cd's just bought them today and the drive i use i bought it also today so its brand new. The weirdest thing is that it is working perfect on another machine :S

Maybe the new drive you bougt is the culprit? Try getting the latest drivers/firmware for it.

Good Luck

I had the same problem w/ mafia. for me, it ended up being bad c.d.s..

oooh i had this error many times...heres the solution i figured it out after trial and error ok.......when it says wrong volume xxxetm1 wait till all the files have stopped copying from that cd then hit the windows key and go eject that cd then put cd 1 in then maximize again and hit continue then the message will go away and then put the next cd in pops up like if it happened on cd2 and u waited it will say put cd3 in i hope this helps you :)

ps....its not w hardware thing i think it something wrong with the way the game installs because i used the original cd's and then made copies using clone cd and daemon tools and it did the same thing many times took me about 2 hours to get the ****er installed :(

did try the same m1ke using clonecd but that didnt work either, but i will try your minimize maximize trick thingy tomorrow

yes it worked like a charm when it says wrong volume wait for the cd to stop copying may take 5 minutes then follow the steps

hmm didnt work. when i switch cd's when i get the first errror ever clicking continue im getting a second error. can you please write your steps again and very clear like im a no-brainer :p cause i still cant get it to work. Many thanks

hey sboulema..I have better idea :) make the 4 cds ISO and then run them

already tried to make images of them with clonecd and get the exact same error :(

yeah im probably gonna do that :(
but im trying something different now. I have it installed on another pc in my house without any porbs and im now copying the game folder to the pc with the problems. gonna check if it can be played this way...

try to install the drive again.let windows find the driver for you.

ok when you put the first cd in start the installation........now when it has the error let the files finish copying....(you can see the progress in the little box wait till the file doesnt change for about a minute).......now when it stops copying eject the cd you were using and insert the cd that its asking for on the wrong volume error......now after the light on the cd rom drive goes off click "continue" on the box......now the put the next cd in message will pop up put whichever cd in its asking for and click ok.......if the wrong volume thing pops up again wait for the files to stop copying and then put the disc in its asking for most likely disk 1 then hit continue then when the next cd dialog pops up put the next cd in.......this "volume" error shouldnt happen more than 3 times.......thats as clear as i can explain it at 5:30AM....hope it works

hmm ok thanks :)
i tried my idea of copying the game folder and that worked :D

could have used Alcohol 120% made some images, setup 4 virtual CD drives, loaded the images and told it to look for what it wants itself

yeah but i already did that, i used clonecd to virtually switch the cd's

nope you didn't saved it and gonna try it another time, cause i just cant tske it that it wont be installed properly :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back