Enter The Matrix errors

J

jfactor01

Does anybody else have a proplem with ETM on XP, after using reforce or similar to fix the refresh rate lock? While loading it says Error Device Not Created 2, and will only play after i've undone the changes made by reforce. This isn't acceptable to keep doing that, as I need it on to get my other games such as Counter-Strike to run at 100fps, rather than 60fps without the reforce changes.

I hope this makes sense...

I hope this makes sense...
Not quite. Are these games OpenGL?

BF1942 had a similiar problem, the refresh rate was locked at 60 and the use of a refresh rate fix would cause it to crash to the desktop (a change in the video.con file was needed to allow any refresh rate).

PowerStrip should allow you to make separate specific settings for any program you want.

Nope this game is Direct3D only. It would have been a much better game had it been in OpenGL

Well for D3D if you have SP1 installed you don't need anything extra to lock in your refresh rates. Fire up DXdiag and click on More help-> Override and set your rate there (I use 85). You should also be able to go into Nvidia's settings and set your D3D override settings there also. And of course set your monitor there also. I don't know if this will solve your problem and unfortunatly none of this seems to help with OpenGL.

I also have a problem with this game....
When I loaded a game up today, the character started walking
along on their own:confused:
Is there a setting I've switched on by mistake?

It could be your gamepad (if you have 1 plugged in) - my Saitek pad does it from time to time - just unplug it and its fine :)

i gots the fix

I HAVE THE FIX!!!

after searching high and low to bypass that device not created 2 BS i found the answer.

I bet all of you that have xp and nvidia cards you probably used ReForce to change your refresh rate. Well disable the mother****er, and whamm-o your Enter the Matrix will work!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back