Enhanced Security Account Profile?

ScottFern

IT guy
My admin account was created on a Win2003 Server machine and I retained all the server security settings on my account. Now this is very annoying when I am working on user workstations and I need to visit certain websites and I can't fully view the pages. I want to retain the security settings of a power user instead. My profile is stored on the network under our file server and I am have a roaming profile as well.

For the record, I am a n00b admin and this is my first IT job and also my first post on this great forum! I am just trying to figure out the little things first and take it one day at a time.

P.S. Does anyone know any great MCSA or Win2003 Server/Active Directory books I can start reading?

First.. Welcome!
Second.. Try not to start two threads on the same topic (would a kind mod merge/delete his other thread?

Last, some more info would be helpful..

what do you mean when you can't fully view a page? Which OS are your user workstations running? Is your Admin ID a Domain Admin account? Do the Domain admins setup in the local administrator group on the user workstations?

Sounds fishy to me , so your first IT job is domain administrator ? Where did you go to school what courses did you all ready complete ? I mean Administrator and Domain Administrator at that ? I dont buy it for a second.

First.. Welcome!
Second.. Try not to start two threads on the same topic (would a kind mod merge/delete his other thread?

Last, some more info would be helpful..

what do you mean when you can't fully view a page? Which OS are your user workstations running? Is your Admin ID a Domain Admin account? Do the Domain admins setup in the local administrator group on the user workstations?

I apologize, yes I am a domain admin and that is the account I was referring to specifically. Our workstations are Dell WinXP machines. I do not believe that my domain admin account are setup in the local administrators group.

Shamus MacNoob, apparently I didn't give you enough details and I can appreciate your vigilance in the matter of imposter IT admins. I got my bachelor's in Poli Sci and I worked for the campus IT department. I am not the sole admin of this network and I am heavily watched by our main company site's admin. The pay is absolute crap and I am fairly certain thats why they hired me. I can appreciate the opportunity however to learn lots being here.

quite honestly, if you have a senior admin.. he may be the one to talk to first as there may be settings unique to your organization.

More power to you Scott. In your other thread I recommended two books that are essential.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back