Enermax 1000W (1 Kilowatt) PSU

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Good lord... :eek:

Enermax, those crazy power supply dudes have gone power mad with their latest bit of kit, the Galaxy. Set to be available in the UK from around October, the Galaxy is the first PSU to the retail market claiming to be able to deliver 1000W… yes, you read that right, 1000W.

In final production at the time of writing, the two samples in the photos are engineering samples so we couldn’t get out hands on one for testing, but having run the figures past Rys, they add up to just a little over 1000W output, drawing 1400W from the mains… so no need for a dimmer switch in the lounge anymore!

Source : http://www.hexus.net/content/static/enermax_galaxy.html

WOW... four seperate 12V Rails for a total of 66AMPS HOLY $H|+!!

Now that is some power....

mlakrid said:
WOW... four seperate 12V Rails for a total of 66AMPS HOLY $H|+!!

Now that is some power....

Yeah, pretty insane! Especially the line that said today's top of the market video card only uses 285w of power!

Khayman said:
Double post deleted

/must remember to build EMR shielding inside of case.

Hopefully they have enough airflow to keep that bad boy cool, or include a cupholder to keep the coffee hot.

kcnychief said:
Yeah, pretty insane! Especially the line that said today's top of the market video card only uses 285w of power!

Video cards consuming that much power is already insane. :angry: :mad:

Steevo said:

Hopefully they have enough airflow to keep that bad boy cool, or include a cupholder to keep the coffee hot.

Hehe

I assume you mean EMI?
electro magnetic interference?
Hehe

Damn skippy it would keep your coffee hot!

kcnychief said:

What video card takes up that much?

The newer ones are dropping back down from the last generation.

I would HOPE they meant an SLI set-up and the total power consumption.

EDIT: As seen below even the last generation in singles dont take up much power AT ALL....

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/ati-powercons_10.html

located below is the highest I found for ATI...

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/ati-powercons_6.html

:D

Last edited:
my electricity bill has already gone up by 10-15% in the last quarter to 8th Aug and my new machine was only completed in june!

ming said:
my electricity bill has already gone up by 10-15% in the last quarter to 8th Aug and my new machine was only completed in june!

Luckily, I have all utilities included within my apartment. When I moved out of my house, my parents said the electric bill went down about $125 a month...

Steevo said:

heh, just had to...

http://www.liewcf.com/blog/archives/2005/03/cdrom-tray-as-coffee-cup-holder/

VenomXt said:
how else will i power my death ray/ gaming machine.

With kryptonite :dead:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomXt
how else will i power my death ray/ gaming machine.

With kryptonite

but see... im superman that would kill me as well.

wat comp uses that much power, perhaps turning it off at night and when you go to work (if you work), would drastically reduce the bills.

Well I have 6 machines, and they are never off :) When I lived at home I only had 2 machines on all the time, now that I don't have to worry about it, they party alllll the time! w00t!

its really not that great. Each 12v rail only has 18A so its equivalent to a 250-300W psu on each output. To be any use it really needs to have 20A or more on each output.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back