Enabling DMA in XP?

S

Streamer

Is there a way to do this. I think this would help my burner situation but the old ways of doing this no longer apply. any suggestions?

99.9 % XP will automatically choose DMA mode if the device supports it

Go into Device manager Expand IDE ATA/ATAPI and Right click on Primary or secondary controller then Properties then click on the advanced settings tab

Choose DMA if available

thanx Drx for the fast reply. I will check it out now.

I had problem with XP not auto setting udma66 so I found this reg file at www.regedit.com that enables udma 66 and 100 on Windows 2000 or XP. I have attached the reg file to do this with.

Excellent DoubleClick. I am sure this will do the trick!

Thanks

That regfile does not necessarily enable DMA, there was a problem in 2k/XP where on some intel chipsets UDMA was not enabled and that regedit will enable it, it's the same as using the UDMA tweak in TweakXP and those type of programs, but if you are having DMA problems and aren't using an intel chipset that reg will do nothing

Just FYI

Qumahlin: Thank you I forgot to add that to my message I was kinda in a hurry to go pick up my daughter.

I think it was mostly Via chipsets that had the problem if I remember correctly. However i'm not sure.

no prob man :), some people actually didn't know that so I figured I might as well post it before people start complaining it doesn't work :p

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back