ENA Certification

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I have to get an ENA (Extreme Networks Associate) Certification for my new job. Any pointers for the test?

Haven't heard about this cert, but one site the teachers had us looking at for the CCNA

www.celticrover.com

I think it was. Do they have a section for ENA? It seemed pretty good as far as presenting the exact sorta questions we saw on Cisco's site for the chapter exams and what not, and also provided instant feedback as to how one did (and what the correct answers are)... Would have to browse around a bit more to see.

If they don't, perhaps another site that presents you with the same sort of questions which you'll see on the cert exam so you can practice, see how you're doing, and what you need to bone up on would be of assistance...

Brad said:
I have to get an ENA (Extreme Networks Associate) Certification for my new job. Any pointers for the test?

/BUMP

Any info on this cert?

I got to get CCNA, and any certifications relating to networking always looks nice. Who is ENA sponsored by?

Mike A!

Update: I got mine. Pretty hard test, but not as hard as the CCNA.

ENA is the Extreme Networks Associate certification. They are a competitor of Cisco and have much, much, much more superior product than cisco.

Brad said:
Update: I got mine. Pretty hard test, but not as hard as the CCNA.

ENA is the Extreme Networks Associate certification. They are a competitor of Cisco and have much, much, much more superior product than cisco.

Link?

If they have a much more superior product we should see them creeping in on Ciscos market share I would hope?
EDIT: Also, in what aspect is it more superior? Do a lookup on Cisco and you will see the history, they made routers/switches mainstream, doubtful anyone will make a more "superior" prodcut, remember its all relative to what you are using each device for...

I never heard of them...

Do they have any layer 3 devices?

All I see are switches....

??

Edit Oh god, Im soo tired, I even got the layer wrong...

Last edited:
The switches provide L3 functions with an additional license. One thing that I really like about them is the fact that we realize that we dont cover all of the network hardware that you will need so we work well with other vendors.

Last edited:
Well, I got the ENA back in September of 2005 and I just passed the ENS. ENS is the next level up from the ENA. :) Good day today :)

Extreme make some of the worst networking equipment available. Better off with Cisco, Juniper and Foundry.

Extreme make some of the worst networking equipment available. Better off with Cisco, Juniper and Foundry.

Anything to back up that claim or is it purely bias?

extreme is touch and go with their QA. Some of their products are fantastic for backend stuff, but they have fallen off lately.

Cisco tends to be overpriced (in particular their support contracts). I'm becoming a bigger fan of Foundry lately having just put in a SuperX 800.

I'd love to get some Force10 equipment in to try but probably won't get funding for that :)

I work at a datacentre. It has been demonstrated to me why Extreme equipment is not used in networks where latency needs to be kept to a minimum and availability needs to be kept at a maximum.

I have seen large quantities of Extreme equipment being replaced with Cisco and Alcatel equipment.

Doesn't exactly instill confidence in Extreme equipment.

Lord: are these the same people that taught you that mac address traverse router hops? :p

j/k man! :p

In this case, I tend to agree with you that Extreme switch gear tends to fail at the most inapproriate moments. We were looking at switching out some switch gear and was deciding between Cisco, Foundry, and Extreme. We liked the Extreme gear because we use an Avaya phone system and Extreme has a close relationship with Avaya. After talking with actual customers and hearing various horror stories of failures, we eliminated them from consideration.

No different people, different company, same building :p

I strongly suspect I was having my chains yanked on that subject though. I do seem to land myself in those situations :p

I have been told that Extreme kit goes into poor mens datacentres or datacentres where cutting corners is paramount over service quality and reliability.

We only run into issues with our cisco, juniper and foundry stuff when our usage exceeds product specifications. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back