Employee of the Quarter!

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I found out today that I was nominated and chosen as the Employee of the Quarter at the company I work for. I've worked there 4 months now as one of the network administrators, and so it's a big deal to me that I was chosen for the first full quarter I've been there! :D

The actual award was a bonus check, so I'm going to celebrate by buying my first LCD monitor! :D I've wanted one for a couple of years but have patiently waited for prices to drop. I'm getting this one from TigerDirect for $329.99, which is actually cheaper than NewEgg. I know, most everyone here loves the Dell Ultrasharp, but that's more than I want to spend.

The specs:
19" Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+
Silver (to match the G5 ;))
700:1 Contrast
DVI
8ms Response Time (reportedly)
and it swivels! -- not sure how often I'll use that though :yowch:

H54-1902main1.jpg

Congrats man! The LCD panel should be a nice gift to yourself. :)
Ah, I cringe at the thought of using a CRT screen for extended periods of time. Haven't had to do that for about 3 years now. ;p

Thanks everyone! :D

NetRyder said:
Congrats man! The LCD panel should be a nice gift to yourself. :)
Ah, I cringe at the thought of using a CRT screen for extended periods of time. Haven't had to do that for about 3 years now. ;p

Yeah, I've got a 19" KDS CRT now. Nice monitor, but it is white, huge and heavy! :dead:

only 3 more quarters for employee of the year!
or actually 2 seeing as how you won the second quarter.
Congratulations.:)

its a nice feeling to spend money u earned yourself, good job, hopefully ill have that feeling more often in canada

falconguard said:
only 3 more quarters for employee of the year!
or actually 2 seeing as how you won the second quarter.
Congratulations.:)

I'm not even sure how EoY works. Is it usually the pick of the quarterly winners?

COngrats dude .. It is nice when that type of thing happens ..

muzikool said:
I'm not even sure how EoY works. Is it usually the pick of the quarterly winners?
could be I'm not sure how your company works, or who you work for, for that matter.

But if you are a top employee, for typically 2 quarters you have a good chance.

maybe they offset it with a yuear end bonus?
lotsa factors for good employees.

Good work muzi. Enjoy yer new toy, when ya get it. :)

damn muzikool you gotta be rockin out with that. That would be the best feeling in the work place (as long as you don't get a big head about it :p)

Congrats Man.

Nice monitor too.

Congratulations! I'm sure you will enjoy the 19" LCD. I have a 19" LCD, and it's great!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back