Emergency, Raid Help!!!

T

ThePunkerGuy

Ok, here is my problem. I have the Asus A7V266-E motherboard. It has the Fastrack ata100 "lite"raid adapter on it. I have 2 Western Digital 40gig hard drives on it setup on Raid 0. Normally when it boots up, the fastrack raid bios will have a little line of dots that go across the screen as it detects the raid array and then it will say what it found and it's status and continue booting.. well today when i turn it on, the raid bios has all the dots go acrossl like it is detecting the drives.. but when it reaces the end of the line, instead of telling me what it found and continue booting, it just gives me a flashing underscore and never does anything. I have had this happen before after i used a Western Digital diognostic boot floppy, but i would just turn off the computer and turn off the power supply, then turn it back on and it would be all fine. And what sucks about now.. is that i cannot even enter the fastrack raid bios while the drives are plugged in. I have tried new cables and power cords. I have take the drives and plugged them each into a regular ide connector and ran the Advanced western digital diagnosis program on them and they are both fine. So what the heck is going on? ANY IDEAS?? And yes, i have the most curren motherboard bios.

!!!!UPDATE!!!!
OK, HERE IS THE UPDATE. I FINALLY GAVE UP AND DECIDED THE RAID WAS A LOSS.. WITH OUT KNOW WHAT CAUSED IT. WELL, I WENT N THE BIOS AND DISSABLED THE ATA100 RAID THING. NOW THE COMPUTER DOES NOT COME UP WITH THE RAID SCREEN AND THE PROGRESS BAR DETECTING THE RAID DRIVES WHILE BOOTING. HERE IS THE WEIRD PART.. IN WINDOWS XP, MY RAID DRIVE STILL EXISTS.. IT RUNS PERFECTLY LIKE BEFORE.. HOW CAN THIS BE?? IT IS DISSABLED IN THE BIOS!!? THIS GIVES ME A GOOD CHANCE TO BACKUP MY INFO, BUT I DONT TRUST IT.. WHY IS IT DOING THIS.. CAN I LEAVE IT LIKE THIS FOREVER AND WILL IT WORK FOREVER? DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON? I HAVE MY FSB SET TO 136 INSTEAD OF 133 COULD THAT HAVE MESSED UP THE RAID CHIP SINCE IT IS ON THE PCI BUS? HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!
!!!!UPDATE!!!!
- Mike

Just because you disabled in bios doesnt mean your array isnt still there. Kinda wierd that it boots like that though. Arrays get messed up but as long as the drives are good its usually easy to recover. Just use the repair option off the xp cd and hit f6 to reinstall your raid drivers. Im guessin youve got your first boot device set to scsi so its still recognizing even though you disabled raid. I wouldnt think that would do that but....hey whatever. Enable raid and do a repair. Should be good again.

Maybe you accidentally made a software RAID setup in Windows instead of a hardware RAID setup in the RAID BIOS?

(This is only possible if the RAID array is not the system disk)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back