Email Notification

dave, mucho thanx for the concern...warmed my heart...as always, great to see you

waddy is prepping the latest version of PHP and we really hope that is what will fix it.

Would be daft to say we didn't want the best for this site, so we suffer as it does ;)

Originally posted by Dave Holbon
Like everything else in this life, if there are problems that need solving why not tell someone or ask for help before things get out of hand as I thought that this was the place in which to do this. The problem/s concerning funding I have posted on before with relevant suggestions. I had no idea that some individuals were “financing” the situation from their own pocket until I read it today. Maybe I went over the top a bit so I apologise.

I would start of by monitoring all activity using port 3049, as there are known vulnerabilities with this port and your server software, i.e. other non-authorised users/hackers. This can slow down or even lock a site (so I am told) from within i.e. outgoing packets. Please post the hardware specifications used and measured memory leakage at full load.

Configuration (software): -

Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.5 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/1.0.2 PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26 on Linux. I have passed this information to my brother who is an expert in this field.

I am not an expert but I know people who are so maybe they can assist, either way it will cost nothing. Hope this may be of assistance. Sooooooooory for the flame.

:) :) :)

Now that is what I'm takin about... Helpful suggestions...

Thank You. :cool:

Brother says check for these first as they contain the described end effects: -

http://analyzer.securityfocus.com/alerts/020913-Alert-Apache-mod_ssl-Exploit.pdf

http://www.securiteam.com/unixfocus/5PP0B2A8AA.html

http://www.security-gui.de/ma/vulndev/msg00034.html

He also says that some of the above viruses won’t come fully back to life without emails going in/out, but with only my description and the fact that he is already overburdened with work and that as he is coming over here (my place) he will look at the problem then if still unresolved (about two weeks).

Info: -
“Below your Avatar you have put, " NTFS Devotee" Prove it.” I have never input any text or graphic. This was done by the system itself (clue).

“Below your Avatar you have put, " NTFS Devotee" Prove it.” I have never input any text or graphic. This was done by the system itself (clue).

Can you please refrase that one?

Originally posted by Benny
Can you please refrase that one?

it's the same as "nfts beginer" it's just automatically put in by the system after a set number of posts:cool:

So technically I did it :D

Thanks for the help Dave, I will point it out to waddy as he takes care of all that server stuff :p

Wow. After reading the important parts of the thread, along with Speedy's correction of Henyman's writing, which was very amusing,

I come to the conclusion, that people try and care very hard for this site, members and the people of the higher power alike, especially the administrator ( EP = Waddy? :p )

So,

Thank you all :)

Oh, and by the way, I've never seen Holbon spam. That's freaky.

Yeah, But ya have proved it now, haven't ya??? :rolleyes: You are officially NTFS DEVOTED. :p
I was just pullin yer chain. ;)

Thanks for the input Dave... Now isn't that better when everyone is trying to resolve a problem together for the good of all???

Make ya feel all warm 'n tingly all over. :happy:

Originally posted by Nick M
Oh, and by the way, I've never seen Holbon spam. That's freaky.

Not all of us can be like you Nick. :rolleyes: ;)

Originally posted by gonaads
Make ya feel all warm 'n tingly all over. :happy:

no gonaads it's jus u dont have very good bladder control:p

Looks like it was an issue with both vbulletin (2.2.9) and php (4.1) we have now updated php and will be updating to vbulletin 2.3 once it goes from release candidate to final, then:

- E-mail / Subscription stuff will be re-enabled.
- Quick Reply re-added
- New themes coming soon sign might appear
- Something else pretty damn cool that involves the new themes.

On the php-updated side of things, the forums and the site should be running alot quicker, is it ? :D

On the php-updated side of things, the forums and the site should be running alot quicker, is it ?
this reply box poped up a lot quicker than it has been.

Excellent :D - not that it will matter once we get the quick reply back ;)

The new version of vb will handle mail differently, that is why we are waiting for this new release before enabling the subscription/email features.

forums are quite quick on 56k but the frount page took ages 2 load all graphix:huh:

There is no doubt in my mind that things have speeded up on my 56k connection (page loading in particular) at least. I doubt however that a single problem was to blame as over the years I’ve seen this sort of problem before which usually cascades to many other possibly hidden problems within the operating environment that can be a nightmare to sort. I feel sorry for all those involved in the solution to this issue and hope that it can be resolved without too much pain. Good luck.
:) :) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back