Email hosting

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Hi All

A friend of mine is thinking of moving her account from one company to another as she is fed up with the poor service they seem to be giving her now.

Thing is she,s not sure of what company to go for, she has an account with godaddy but would rather use someone else as she doesn't want to keep all her eggs in one basket.

Can some one advise on a good company with 99.999% uptime, who is cheap (she would prefer free hosting) and is in the USA

Last edited:
I didn't know 6 9's was available as a new metric :) 5 9's is something like 8 minutes of downtime per year, so not sure there is anything better than that.

I also don't think you would find anything with that high of a SLA for free. I can personally recommend www.sherweb.com.

Yes, I use mine to host my michaelsoft.info email. I used GoDaddy as my registrar.

2nd for Google Apps. Despite not using it, I've heard and seen a lot of benefits that I myself am thinking of switching over to it.

Google apps is great! I've been using it for years now.

I have been using Google Apps for several of my domains, and I am currently using it for the corporation I started together with 4 other people.

We absolutely love Google Apps. There has been a few hiccups in the past with my personal domain (I've had it hosted there for almost 2.5 years), where the service has been down for a few hours, but even so for a free service it is rock solid, provides plenty of features and the whole gmail interface rules!

guess i will say tell her the votes are in and its all for google apps :D

I am going to look into this myself ..

At work we use <a href="http://www.intermedia.net/about-us/intermedia">exchange email</a> on Intermedia’s cloud server. I love the email archiving. It saves everything automatically so you can’t accidentally delete it. It also lets you search the archive in a ton of ways. It makes it much simpler to keep track of things and find the attachment or email you need.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back