Eluminx Keyboard Problem

J

joshuajme

After waiting 4 weeks for this sexy lil keyboard, and paying an insane amount of money i'm a bit worried. Yes it looks amazing, and it types like a laptop which aint bad, but am I the only one who's eluminx keyboard emmits a high pitch constant squel from inside the far left part of the keyboard?

Its not loud, but you can hear it over the pc and its the sort of pitch that gives you a headache. 1 thing to note, when my pc goes into standby the sound stops, yet as soon as I move my mouse to come out of it the noise begins. Any suggestions, I.E can you fool the keyboard into thinking its in standby or does any1 think i should delve inside it. Cheers ppl.

http://www.eluminx.com/product.asp?pid=5

I would give customer services a bell, I'm sure they will clarify this, I am pretty sure it wouldn't be released with a high pitched noise, must be faulty

Skazz

:D
i read a review on that keyboard a while back.. and once i got to the end and found out it was $100+, i said "no one's ever going to buy that!" guess i was wrong. :p

the sound probably stops when they comp goes in standby because it cuts power to the keyboard. but... then why can you press a key to wake it up? eh, i have no idea then.. nevermind, sorry. :huh:

Originally posted by joshuajme
After waiting 4 weeks for this sexy lil keyboard, and paying an insane amount of money i'm a bit worried. Yes it looks amazing, and it types like a laptop which aint bad, but am I the only one who's eluminx keyboard emmits a high pitch constant squel from inside the far left part of the keyboard?

Its not loud, but you can hear it over the pc and its the sort of pitch that gives you a headache. 1 thing to note, when my pc goes into standby the sound stops, yet as soon as I move my mouse to come out of it the noise begins. Any suggestions, I.E can you fool the keyboard into thinking its in standby or does any1 think i should delve inside it. Cheers ppl.

http://www.eluminx.com/product.asp?pid=5

I will post your post in another forum where some users have the keyboard and get back to you when they reply....sit tight.

Thanks alot, the sound definately kicks in whenever it illuminates the keys, because in standby they dont light up. Bugga bugga bugga, its like some sick joke. You have the sexiest keyboard in the world yet you don't want to use it because it gives you headaches. doh!

But for $100 I shall continue to bear the pain, my missus would kill me if I didnt use it :)

Ok i got feedback from Rodney at 3dgameman who has conducted a review on the keyboard and he says
If you put your ear on the keyboard, yes a VERY low high pitch noise.
so it seems to be unwanted feature:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back