Eliminate logon for remote destop

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I want to remote desktop my 2003Server tower using VNC. I would the ability to reboot the server without it hitting the "Crt-Atl-Delete" and then asking for a password.

How do I remove these two as there is a password on there now, so that it goes straight to the desktop?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

Heeter said:
Hi Guys,

I want to remote desktop my 2003Server tower using VNC. I would the ability to reboot the server without it hitting the "Crt-Atl-Delete" and then asking for a password.

How do I remove these two as there is a password on there now, so that it goes straight to the desktop?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter
TweakUI has the option to enable automatic logon and works with both XP and Server 2003. You just enter your username and password once and it'll log you in automatically after that.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Hope that's what you're attempting to do. :)

You want the ability to reboot the server via remote desktop?

Windows 2003 has the same remote desktop capability as Windows XP Pro, except you can choose shut down via the start menu.

A quick way to login in is enter your credientials in the XP remote desktop client, username, password and all. Click Save As and save it somewhere. Then when you dhouble click that file it will log you in, without asking for a password.

Hope that helps.

NetRyder said:
TweakUI has the option to enable automatic logon and works with both XP and Server 2003. You just enter your username and password once and it'll log you in automatically after that.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Hope that's what you're attempting to do. :)

Thanks Nets,

That is what I want to do, as I am removing the monitor/keyboard/mouse from the server. I just want it to reboot and go straight to the desktop without needing the KVM...........So this way VNC server starts up

**runs off to go set up TweakUI in the Server box.***

Heeter

Hey Nets,

It works great,

Thanks again,

Heeter

Sorry, I thought u wanted an remote auto login way.

You can also accomplish the same with Start>Run>"control userpassword2" just uncheck users must enter a... and when you click OK enter the login credentials.

Hey Thanks, AM

Never knew about that one,

Thanks again, AM

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back