Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Dublex

A Knight to Remember
Anyone else going to get this? Morrowind wasn't bad, and the radiant AI system looks interesting, apparently all the NPCs will have a daily system that will change depending on what you do, e.g. if you snuck into their house and stole their food they would go out and get more.

Graphically it looks fairly nice as well.

Yep, I have been waiting for a while now. Huge fan of Morrowind myself. Have you preordered it yet?

I loved Morrowind, one of the most addictive games I've played on the PC. I'm hoping the spec requirements won't be too high though, I had to change my graphics card just to play Morrowind, but judging by the screenshots, I'm not holding my breath :nervous:

I just started playing Morrowind. I did this because I finished both Gothic series, 1 & 2 and am starving for Gothic 3, which isn't going to be out soon. That said I'm also playing Arcanum and Fallout 2, so yea :p

I think Oblivion looks great so far - but it's going to require an upgrade! A huge upgrade.

I have a 6800GT right now and an XP 2800. I'll probably end up buying an X2 4800+ and some new RAM. For that I'll need a new motherboard...I have no idea what to get. Graphics card wise, hmm. I've always put CPU+RAM ahead of GPU.

Ya know Nick, you might be okay with that setup. They have said that the game is very depandent on your Video card and RAM, not so much your CPU. And the 6800GT is still a good card, however you wont be able to max it out.. :(

Thanks Aprox, I went and checked their suggested specs, they say;

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 1 GB System RAM
* ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Which isn't that intimidating...my problem is that I always play 1280x1024 ( native resolution for my monitor ) and like to have all the goodies turned on. I can't just play knowing I'm just OK! :p Pfft.

If I do upgrade, chances are I'll build a new machine and it won't be for the games so much as it'll be for all the video encoding/processing I do. 2800+ just doesn't cut it for me anymore.

I know what you mean about having all the goodies turned on. I want to upgrade as well.. but with the AM2 socket coming out and the new 7900's in the near future... its just not a good time. Plus I am flat ass broke :(

It's gone gold!

I've just gone and went ahead with pre-ordering the special edition, I think the hype has finally gotten to me (the last time was probably neverwinter nights). Think my courseworks are going to take a severe hit :nervous:

Yeah, saw the news a couple days ago. Really cool... cant wait to play the game!

"Oblivion is one of the most anticipated video games of 2006 and its release will be a milestone for the Xbox 360 and PC," said Christoph Hartmann, Managing Director, 2K Games. "A shining example of next-generation role-playing, Oblivion breaks new ground in the genre with unparalleled graphics, revolutionary gameplay and an expansive RPG world."

This may be the first time marketing hype may not just be hype. After playing Morrowind and seeing screenshots of this new one, I believe every word.

Last edited:
Its cool that the collectors edition is only 10 bucks more. If I wasnt broke I would get it, seems worth it.

We have been waiting a long time for this , you can be sure this will be added to our all ready very long list of games we own.

* still waiting *

By pure luck, I even managed to get a 'new' graphics card for in time for this game. I used to have a BFG 6800 OC with 128MB RAM. The fan on it started to go so last week I sent it out; they sent me back a BFG 6800 GT OC 256 MB :p Awesome!

Nice, quick upgrade before the impending release. The other comp in the household has a 6800GT, but no games will be allowed on that for the time being. I'll have to make do with a much lower spec card :nervous:

Its out today, on my way to go pick it up from bestbuy in about 20 minutes :) I feel so guilty, I am ditching work to play this game. :p

Heh not released in the UK till firday - but I dont have to go collect - it'll drop through my door :D

LA: you sure you want a $50 game to "drop" from anywhere? could be kinda damaging.

I'm semi-interested in Oblivion.... i'm just hoping there is nowhere NEAR as much running around as there was in Morrowind.

off-topic: LA..... did you read the PM i sent you a few days ago?

Would appreciate feedback on it, but I don't think I will have time for it :)

didnt end up getting it today, Bestbuy wouldnt sell me a copy because it violated "sales consistency" or some BS like that. They release all there new games on tuesdays or something. Nobody else in the area had it in stock.. so I gotta wait till tomorrow, but I have jury duty!!! :-\

When I get the game I will report back, and have screen shots for ya :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back