Einstein's theory of Relativity in the Quran?

Moslems (Muslims) believe that angels are low mass creatures, and that God created them originally from light. They move at any speed from zero up to the speed of light. It is the angels who carry out God's orders. Those angels take their orders from a Preserved Tablet somewhere in outer space near Earth, and not form God's Throne. They commute to and from this Preserved Tablet to get their orders from God. In the following verse, the Quran is describing how angels travel when they commute to and from this Tablet. And the speed at which they commute to and from this Tablet turned out to be the known speed of light:

I'd like to see the text that claims angels travel the speed of light...if this thought isn't in text, it's a scientific after thought

[Quran 32.5] (Allah) Rules the cosmic affair from the heavens to the Earth. Then this affair travels to Him a distance in one day, at a measure of one thousand years of what you count.

there's the text that they base the theory that the speed of light is known with this annotation;

It is the angels who carryout this 'cosmic affair' (see Arabic wording at footnote [1]). Hence in 1 day, the angels will travel a distance of 1000 years of what they counted. Those people back then followed the lunar calendar and counted 12 months each year. These months are related to the moon and not related to the sun. Since this verse is referring to distance, then Allah is saying that angels travel in one day the same distance that the moon travels in 12000 lunar orbits. This speed turned out to the known speed of light.

how he comes up with a lunar orbit instead of a an orbit of the earth for the day, or orbit of the sun for the year I don't follow...the translation has nothing to do with the moon, it has to do with a day which is the earth, or a year which is the sun...no moon involved...he claims that the angesls; travel to Him a distance in one day, at a measure of one thousand years of what you count.
from either a day or a year in measuremennt use the moon as a referance, and then to break this down to the speed of light is a stretch in my mind.

if he could show a correlation of the speed of light versus the distance the sun travels in a year I would give the correlation some weight, versus the moon, no weight.

on the other hand, I do see a correlation the theory of relativity in a differant sense

the angel travels a days worth of distance for himself, but it would translate to a thousand years earth time

this is a component of relativity when you approach the speed of light, If you are approaching the speed of light on a craft, time would pass differantly then it would have relative to how time passes on earth, however I don't know the exact correlation between a light day and a thousand years, I don't think the correlation of a day's time at the speed of light is close to a thousand years not approaching the speed of light

Last edited:
Wow I read up on Einsteins theory of time travel which is fascinating. Very fascinating.
All this info in fact corresponds with his theory. Great read guys.

It doesn't sound likely to me. Historical documents as old as the Quran have been translated and intepreted so many times over that it is highly doubtful that what we have today is an accurate translation of the original work.

Moslems (Muslims) believe that angels are low mass creatures, and that God created them originally from light. They move at any speed from zero up to the speed of light.

I don't believe for a second that the Quran says that Angels are "low mass creatures", and even if it did it would be wrong because anything with a mass that travels at the speed of light would effectively assume an infinite mass while at light speed. So it's either that or they have no mass whatsoever, i.e. waves. They cannot be "low mass" AND travel at the speed of light.

Also this doesn't make sense:

Hence in 1 day, the angels will travel a distance of 1000 years of what they counted.

Ok so far.

Those people back then followed the lunar calendar and counted 12 months each year. These months are related to the moon and not related to the sun.

Again, ok.

Since this verse is referring to distance, then Allah is saying that angels travel in one day the same distance that the moon travels in 12000 lunar orbits.

Where does this come from? All we can infer from this is that what takes us 1000 years to travel, takes the angels 1 day. You could go as far as saying that they can move at 365,000 times the speed we can but that's about it. The fact that they used a lunar calender is nothing to do with to the distance that the moon travels in 1000 years.

Last edited:
People have always tried to make holy texts appear more credible because apparently they had "scientific" theories in them.

Don't believe it for a second.

I think anything with god and what not is a bunch of crap. No offensive to anyone tho. I just dont believe in it but I don't hate or think of anybody different because they do.

Unless I have cold hard facts then I will.

LordOfLA said:
gokart. the fact your still here is a work of god :p

:laugh:

See people all think god is great when he saves them from something but why didn't he stop whatever happend from happening? I just don't get it but I don't get alot of things :nervous:.

All religious books (Bible Quran etc..) Are story books. They tell the stories of their god and of the things that happened in that time. They are all open to interpretation, every time these books are rewritten they get an influx of "creative freedom" by the new writer/writers in the writtings. They interpret the words a certain way and write it as such. You have to remember that most if not all of these religious icons (books) are from a time where there was no real scientific anything. Everything was taken as "what you see is what it is" value. If you were a person with abilities and had a way with words and persuasion with people, you could be a prophet of some sort.

Why do you think there are sooo many wackos out there toting the Quran around saying that this or that is against their teachings. And the Catholic Bible and how it's been interpreted with sooo many variations as to what is what Jesus/God wants.

It's like the circle of kids in school. You start a story and whisper it to the kid next to you, then that kid whispers it to the next one. And on and on, when it gets back to you, the story is something totally different. Now this senario is the same but with a written word. Everyone wants to interpret it their way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back