EFnet ports

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political Access
basically i'm trying 2 get round skool block on ports so i can get onto the chatroom. i have a chat client i have made here that isn't filtered by the school word filters. however they still block the posts such as 6000. i have tried outher servers with diferent ports (such as ports 7777 9999 6594 ) but no joy. is there anyway i can reroute these ports through anougher such as port 80?

possibly the easiest way your gonna get onto IRC through a filter is to use a CGI:IRC client, the only one i know that points to EFNet is http://chat.rt.ru ... bu i remember you saying that your school blocks anything with "chat" in the title, so thats not much use.

Have a look on google tho, there may be other CGI:IRC clients that have access to EFNet.

true they have filtered the word "chat":mad: i did a port scan + came up with:

Open and Unsecure!
21 (FTP)

This port is not being blocked and there is a program accepting connections on this port.

Secure
23 (Telnet)

This port is completely invisible to the outside world.

Open and Unsecure!
25 (SMTP Mail Server Port)

This port is not being blocked and there is a program accepting connections on this port.

Open and Unsecure!
79 (Finger)

Open and Unsecure!
80 (HTTP)

If this computer is not supposed to be acting as a web server you should not have this port open.

Secure
110 (POP3 Mail Server Port)

Secure
139 (Net BIOS)

Secure
143 (IMAP)

Secure
443 (HTTPS)

Test complete.

Reachable ports were found. If these ports were not deliberately left open, there may be a problem with your firewall operation or configuration.

:cool: did u say open ports?:p

hmm am google'ing CGI:IRC now....looks intresting.

The cgi script that SPeedY_B gave me doesn't seem to be working anymore :(

the demo on that page works!!! i think i will download it when i get home + try putting it on my webspace. the online 1 wont let u choses servers etc:huh:

It's not an EFNet server. I've tried all the ones I could find. Either they won't connect or they aren't connected to EFNet. I connected to the one you posted Henyman, I can get on but it's not EFNet :(

Damn IRC, not I have to actually work :mad:

Henyman
the demo on that page works!!! i think i will download it when i get home + try putting it on my webspace. the online 1 wont let u choses servers etc:huh:
You'll have to ask your hosting provider before you do this.
I have three different hosts and none of them will let me put a CGI:IRC client onto their servers, firstly its not the most resource friendly script. and also because it connects from their ip and not yours.

Jewelzz i no that it doesn't conect 2 Efnet but @ least it conects:) i am downloadin it now so i can configure it @ skool 2morrow.....i recin if i dont tell them bout it they wont no:cool: if i cant host it on the serverspace i have i can host it on skool network as that is were i will be using it. i had a look @ it + u can easyly change servers etc:happy:

If ya get it working let me know, I'd like to try it out :)

hmmm i have it downloaded etc + have looked @ configuration. it's dead easy 2 change server/room. the website is s**t when it comes it what 2 upload/link to. will try it @ skool 2morrow as i only have 2 hours of leasons in my 8 hours day:cool: looks like it may have 2 be put on a linux box though:huh:

Henyman, yes, its linux only.
Its REALLY easy to setup, ive done it before on my main host, but mike (the owner) told me off :p
as ive said .. its not resource friendly, and many host providers wont want you IRC'ing with their ip, esspecially not on EFNet, the home of all script kiddiots.

hmm i recon it's a no go. i would put in on Bucko's website but i thinks he's a bit pissed off with me @ mo:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back