eerrr ebay fraud - im so mad

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
i just got jipped! mother effer!! i bought a 30gb ipod photo from ebay june 14th and I haven't receieved it. and since then the seller has had 11 negative feedback comments which means he's a freaking fraud! i just got jipped and so did 11 other ppl. thank god he has paypal buyer proection up to $1000 so i just filed a claim. hopefully the dispute will be settled within 30 days and i will get my $315 back . err i wanted that ipod but i guess i'll have to wait. oh yeah and now apple only sells the 20gb ipod photo not the 30gb.

overall bad experience and im pissed..i'm hating ebay right now...

I hope he didn't have that negative feedback when you bidded on the Ipod :|

Bad luck mate, I guess you can never tell the bad apples from the good until you take a bite! :rolleyes:

rushm001 said:
Bad luck mate, I guess you can never tell the bad apples from the good until you take a bite! :rolleyes:

Well can't you tell how bad an apple is by seeing how soft it is? I never eat an apple if it is soft cause i thought that ment no no to eatting it

the_music_man said:
i just got jipped! mother effer!! i bought a 30gb ipod photo from ebay june 14th and I haven't receieved it. and since then the seller has had 11 negative feedback comments which means he's a freaking fraud! i just got jipped and so did 11 other ppl. thank god he has paypal buyer proection up to $1000 so i just filed a claim. hopefully the dispute will be settled within 30 days and i will get my $315 back . err i wanted that ipod but i guess i'll have to wait. oh yeah and now apple only sells the 20gb ipod photo not the 30gb.

overall bad experience and im pissed..i'm hating ebay right now...

Well, i haven't gone through this since they implemented the $1,000 cash back, but I might have bad news for you. I had a similar problem, about 2 years ago, and since the clown had already withdrawn the money from his paypal account, I was S.O.L. However, with this new policy in place, you might be OK. Um, did you purchase it? I thought it had to be purchased for some really small fee...?

EDIT: and don't hate ebay, it's not their fault people out there have nothing better to do than scam people. I have a feedback of 1170 and people are messing with me all the time. Yeah, it's a headache, but again, not eBay's fault.

sorry to hear the bad news...(VOODOO CURSE ON THE SELLER):ninja:

Where does the fink live?

:baseball bat:

I notice you said $315 for a photo. Did you know you were buying a photo, or did you think you were buying an actual iPod? If it stated photo on the listing (and not the actual hardware) not much that can be done on that one. Peeps (and Ebay) would likely say to read the auction description carefully, so as to know what one is bidding on.

But either way, his taking the money and not sending the merchandise, there is more then negative feedback you can do. In fact if others are having problems, they can do the same. Basically report the matter to Ebay themself.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/programs-investigations.html

The Investigations team attempts to resolve reported cases of inappropriate trading behavior. eBay will consider the circumstances of an alleged offense and the user's trading records before taking action. Disciplinary action may range from a formal warning, up to indefinite suspension of a user's account. However, if we cannot prove your complaint with certainty, we may take no action.

How to report specific trading offenses:
Make sure that your complaint falls under what eBay investigates by reviewing the offenses explained on this page. Questions about topics such as fraud, dispute resolution, items not received or significantly not as decribed and VeRO are addressed on other eBay Help pages.

I recommend you visit the page for the appropriate forms and information wrt a complaint you might chose to make with Ebay. Such a complaint would be covered under

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/inr-snad-policy.html

eBay's Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described policy requires sellers to deliver items they have sold on eBay and have received payment for. Sellers who fail to deliver items to buyers, or who deliver items which are "significantly not as described", may face possible account restriction and suspension. An item is considered "significantly not as described" if the seller clearly misrepresents the item in a way that directly affects its value or usability. In some cases, eBay will also contact and cooperate with law enforcement to penalize fraudulent sellers.

Though much might not be done with a scammer for one complaint, if they get a history of it... And trust me, reporting such a scammer, also helps your fellow Ebayers out as well...

it was a 30gb ipod. the guy had a 99% positive feedback when i bid on the item. since then it keeps going down, it could be 90% now lol. the guys a freakin fake and i hope i get my money back. since then he has also unregistered from ebay

:mad: Jerkasaurus wrecks!! That's why I never shop e-bay. A lot of scammers work hard to build up a high rating, just waiting for the right opportunity to come along and skip with as much money as possible....

I think you'll be ok. He's registered with eBay using his credit card (and if he used PayPal -- his bank account) so they should be able to get your money back. Cheer up =]

You know, there was a study conducted which showed that feedback is responsible for as much as 8% of an item's worth on eBay. For good reason I guess...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back