Editor of choice?

• Thread starter MadHaXX()|2
  • Start date
heh, An argument that'll never be settled mate ;)
Gotta say personaly i prefer eMacs over vi :)

Emacs. No question. All I've managed to do in Vi is to hang it and quit. Vi got users choise this year right?

3 people, i guess everyone else uses Notepad ;)

guess so. I thought for sure this would get some replies, but guess not.

are u talking about htlm editor? if so I have never tryed wither of those cept notepad :) I perfer Dreamweaver 4 myself.

nope, under UNIX/Linux there are (for the most part) text (non-gui) text editors. there are two schools of users. vi (virtually impossible...lol) editor which was the first to emerge on the scene, then Emacs which followed there after. vi is pretty robust but hard to use sometimes. emacs is better (thats my opinion) but both do the same thing. & notepad for all intents and purposed is not even close to vi & emacs, but more along the line of (pine's) pico. vi & emacs both give you text editing and command line interface at the same time. to my knowledge they dont have this for windows (except under cygwin). these pre-date the " Internet ", infact they probably pre-date windows too (just a guess).

Well to put a spanner in the works pico otherwise vi

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back