Edit Right Click Menu

Z

ZipTriX

This is for audio files and directories. Only works for Winamp 2 and WMP 9, since that is what I have installed. Might work for other versions. I removed what I had no need for. Kind of pointless to have them, if you don't need them.
*NOTE* Always back up your registry before editing.

There was a problem with the first set. Uploaded a fixed version. This only removes WMP9 options.

With what I attached? Nope, they're reg patches that remove what you see in the screenshots. I'm working on others to remove pointless options. I really hate having long right click menus with crap I don't even use, so that's why I'm doing this. :D Is there something particular you want removed?

There is but I can't think of them all now. I'll have a look & get back. :D

This are things I can live without>

Everything with a line through it. Also 'paste'.
No problem if I've gone too far.

What program is that with the icons? Did you check the options, of the program, for shell extension options? If it doesn't have the options, I'll install the program and find how to remove them.

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
This are things I can live without>

Everything with a line through it. Also 'paste'.
No problem if I've gone too far.

All the zip context menu options you can change in the options of the the corresponding compression software. For example in winzip > options > configurations > Explorer Enhancements

Thanx Leedogg didn't know about those ones. Easy.

ZipTrix the only ones now are basically the xp ones. Cut, copy, etc.

Antbody know if there is a setting to get rid of the one for paint shop?

Check either:

• HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
or
  • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

If it's not in there, when I return on Sunday, I'll install PSP and check it out.

Post when I return.

OK. I won't reply then because you won't see this. :eek:

I'll check those entries & get back.......before you hopefully. :D

Hipster,

I installed PSP7 and didn't see anything in the options about removing it. I did, however, see something else. Check out the screenshot.

Here is where you want to delete the entry.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell

What a place to put it. Must remember that for the next format. Thanx for everything ZipTrix. :D

No problem. As far as the others, I haven't found anything to remove them yet.

If you want to add or remove items in your context menus you may want to try ContextEdit which is a freeware program given some time in the past by PC magazine. You can search ZDNET as this is the place more likely to still have this program. I used it under WinXP and so far I never had any problems. This program allows you to "hack" ANY context menu you wish.

Thanks for that Gravis. I found it here.

ContextEdit lets you control which items appear on your context menu--the menu that appears when you right-click on an item in Windows Explorer. The context menu often contains numerous rarely used commands. These commands come from one of two places: shell commands stored within the System Registry, and context menu handlers. The source of the menu item is transparent to the end user, but still has an impact. Windows Explorer lets you add or remove simple shell commands, but gives you no control over context menu handlers. ContextEdit lets you control both types of context menu items. It also allows you to disable context menu items without removing them entirely. Another unique feature is the ability to add shell commands to all files regardless of type, or to all files without an associated program.

You don't have to register.

Find something that might help a little more than ContextEdit.

ContextMenu ControlFreak 1.01
Homepage

Ahhh. I gave contextedit the flick. I couldn't figure it out. Must give contextmenu a try. Thanx Ziptrx. :)

It ain't free though. :(

Posted by Hipster Doofus
Ahhh. I gave contextedit the flick. I couldn't figure it out. Must give contextmenu a try. Thanx Ziptrx. :)

It ain't free though. :(

Yeah I know. Still looking for something similiar though. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back