ECS K7S5A Onboard sound problem

W

wahoo24jc

My brother bought this board, and the onboard sound does not work. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone has any suggestions. (BTW, its not the speakers!) Thanks!

ECS K7S5A is the problem......

I had this board before and i had many problems with it.....from BIOS, BSOD's, onboard NETWORK card, service, etc..... you name the problem, my ECS K7S5A had it :mad: , i finally realized what the problem was my MOBO!!! so i trashed it the last time it went down and got myself an MSI KT3 ULTRA, best mobo i have purchased yet!!! and only like $50 more than the ECS and its wayyyyyyy better, not one problem with it, the way it should be :D , but i guess if your stuck with it, try re-formatting and installing the new drivers off the website..... g'luck

RaZoR

problems here too : my system crashes cause I cannot select AGP4X from BIOS ( does not start ) wich is normal for my leadtek MX 440 .
razor_ro - was u able to select that AGP4X from BIOS . I quess my mobo isn't damaged , I plan to upgrade it soon but until then your reply will be helpful .

Cosmin.....

Surprisingly enuff.... AGP 4x DID work on my ECS, try flashing your BIOS to the newest one.... maybe that'll work.... try www.ocworkbench.com , go under ECS and then theres a whole FORUM on ECS k7S5A lol, it helped me alot man.... g'luck, same with www.hardwareanalysis.com ......later

RaZoR

I don't know,I have the same board,never had a single problem with it. Don't take this the wrong way,but if you haven't already,Enable it in the BIOS.

yeah.. there should be an option for you to enable on-board sound. after that reinstall your driver.. if it wasn't installed properly.. then restart your computer... you will be fine,.

Other than what paul just said,can't think of anything else. Unless it's a resource issue,but highly doubtful.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back